Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle Home - UPDATE!!

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
This match has definitely been moved to Sunday 18th March.
It now kicks off at 1.30pm. That'll please the Geordies!!

Comments

• Options
    oh dear

the Killer Clan will have sore heads
  • Options
    Tell me about it, me and a few mates are going Turnmills on the Saturday night
  • Options
    Oh TITS!
  • Options
    NOW 1.30 KO NOT 3pm!!!
  • Options
    oh shite, and an early start in the boozer after... sore heads on monday i reckon.
  • Options
    Where do the powers that be who schedule these games get their ideas from? All for TV I suppose...not the humble fan.
  • Options
    great, early k/o then round me mums stinking of alcohol for mothers day!
  • Options
    Ballacks...Can't make that. Have another commitment. Not happy
  • Options
    It's all to do with trains back up North on a Sunday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]oh dear

the Killer Clan will have sore heads

Oh dear my arse! Solves a lot of hassle from our side I can tell you.

I'll have time to set the gear up properly and as i'm doing the music I probably won't be drinking anyway. :-)

And an early kick off, so back in time for radio.

Happy Days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]It's all to do with trains back up North on a Sunday.

Really? So what do Newcastle fans do when they're the 4pm game on a sunday in London like they were at Spurs a few weeks ago?
  • Options
    OH Sh1t - it's Mothers Day...thanks for the reminder.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]It's all to do with trains back up North on a Sunday.

Really? So what do Newcastle fans do when they're the 4pm game on a sunday in London like they were at Spurs a few weeks ago?

Don't shoot the messenger pal!
    It pees me off too, got kids football in the morning.
  • Options
    I guess the early k.o. is for the benefit of the away fans travelling back - I suppose we owe them one after all - after our game up there last season was cancelled 30mins before kick off.

The official site says in several places that the game has been put back 24 hours - I make it 22.5 hours myself.
  • Options
    Pant's I play Footie Sunday morning's, means a right rush with no pre-match beers..!
  • Options
    .... got mothers' day lunch so probably can't make it - 3pm would have been okay for me
  • Options
    Don't they do lunch in the Oak or the Bugle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite].... got mothers' day lunch so probably can't make it - 3pm would have been okay for me

you 'aving a laugh ? Get you're priorities straight. Tsk.
  • Options
    i took my mum to wycombe cupgame for her b'day, doubt she'll be impressed with mothers day outing too!!
  • Options
    we played mother's day last year if i remember rightly. was it newcastle as well? i missed the game but remember coming back and the pub empty as everyone had run off for late lunches
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we did indeed. it was the same weekend, although i have it in my diary for the day before (the 25th) mothers day was the 26th.

i also had "jog" written in my diary! haha, that was a short lived keep fit thing!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i took my mum to wycombe cupgame for her b'day, doubt she'll be impressed with mothers day outing too!!

After that display she probably thinks you hate her!
  • Options
    got moved to a sunday last season also due to their european exploits - keep fooking up the fixtures.
  • Options
    my daughter is due to be born that day !!!!!! - mobile phone at the ready.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i took my mum to wycombe cupgame for her b'day, doubt she'll be impressed with mothers day outing too!!

there is a pic of the 2 of us, wrapped up so much in scarves and hats, it was soooooo cold. she was forcing a smile!!
  • Options
    This is good, as I'm suppose to be going to Wembley on the 17th
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]

there is a pic of the 2 of us, wrapped up so much in scarves and hats, it was soooooo cold. she was forcing a smile!!

I also went with my mum, I'd had a late one at work, giving me no time to get changed, so I was there in my suit and work coat, lovely and warm, my stupid mum had come out in just a jumper, spent the entire night freezing and watching crap football.

Was a sad sad night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite].... got mothers' day lunch so probably can't make it - 3pm would have been okay for me

Get her a ticket!!
  • Options
    No one seems to know why it's 1.30. According to a newcastle site the first train they can get that gets them down to london and then onto charlton gets them into Charlton at 13.54. Good planning by the train people!
  • Options

A journalist once asked Bill Shankly if it was true that he'd recently taken his wife to see Liverpool play on their wedding anniversary. Shanks said

"Don't be so stupid man. Do you think I'd be stupid enough to get married during the football season?......

......It was her Birthday and it Liverpool reserves"