Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twitter Talk

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    I haven't asked anyone to do anything? Now you're just making things up!

Whether he put 'You're a c*nt, would you sign my shirt' or 'You're a c*nt, learn to line your wall up properly' he called him it! I'm sure it's not that hard to understand is it?

Yes, your right, HAMER was the childish one. Give me strength.
  • Options
    its just a good job he didnt call him a whore.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I haven't asked anyone to do anything? Now you're just making things up!

Whether he put 'You're a c*nt, would you sign my shirt' or 'You're a c*nt, learn to line your wall up properly' he called him it! I'm sure it's not that hard to understand is it?

Yes, your right, HAMER was the childish one. Give me strength.

By mentioning it on here you are asking for people to comment on it and judge it. That is they nature of these message boards.

I have already said that his use of language was wrong and if you like also immature.

Once you start calling him things and make assumptions on his quality of support is that not judging him?

• Options
    Not a one off tweet that Mads was it? Just seems a bit childish and hiding behind the "I pay my money, I can have an opinion" thing. This were some follow ups:

- mate I've had all sorts. I apologised earlier - bet the wanker don't retweet that!

- Getting pelters from Ben Hamers boyfriends - priceless

- course he does. Tell ur mum I said hello.
  • Options
    what a little cnut. there ya go, ive judged him.
  • Options
    can we burn ban him from LaValle?
  • Options
    I'll give him some stick when i can get onto twitter. Not Hamer, the other twat
  • Options
    of course people are going to question the quality of his support if he calls a player a cnut.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Not a one off tweet that Mads was it? Just seems a bit childish and hiding behind the "I pay my money, I can have an opinion" thing. This were some follow ups:

- mate I've had all sorts. I apologised earlier - bet the wanker don't retweet that!

You are right he has lashed out a bit and tried to make a joke of it once he knew he had done wrong with his language and felt a bit backed into a corner.

His choice of words and sense of humour is not to all people's tastes but the bit I objected to was the misrepresentation of his original tweet and the assumption he is a terrible fan and man.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    is it you?
  • Options

is it you?

Blatantly is LOL. He is defending him waayyyy too much
  • Options
    Macronate said:

of course people are going to question the quality of his support if he calls a player a cnut.

True but he did apologies for the language and all of us have said stuff in the heat of the moment we have regretted.
  • Options
    When footballers connect to the outside world via sites like twitter you are going to get it
    mad83 said:

WSS said:

You are right he has lashed out a bit and tried to make a joke of it once he knew he had done wrong with his language and felt a bit backed into a corner.

His choice of words and sense of humour is not to all people's tastes but the bit I objected to was the misrepresentation of his original tweet and the assumption he is a terrible fan and man.

If he called hamer a c**t on twitter then he is not a true fan and certainly not a man, twitter is full of twats that give it large sitting behind their iphone's, would he have called him that and had a go at him face to face.......I doubt it.
  • Options
    Your more then welcome to check on twitter and you will find it wasn't me.

And again at no point have I defended his use of language.

We all know social media is a dangerous tool which should not be used in the heat of the moment, his only crime is doing this.
  • Options
    Rightly or wrongly, c*nt is used as an evereyday term by lots of people (including myself) thesedays, think last night was a heat of the moment thing calling Hamer a c*nt for what he apologised.

Really don't understand how criticising a player over Twitter then apologising to him, makes you not a man or a fan.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    it makes him a mouthy little pr*ck. i wonder if he would have to arsehole to stand outside the players entrance and tell him that?

the fact he's followed up after his apology by calling him a wanker also makes him a maggot. if someone was mouthing me off on twitter id wanna meet them for a straightner, just the same as if they were giving it to my face. Hamer cant really do that being a pro footballer, and the kid has taken advantage of that to look hard.
  • Options
    @mad83 - ok, so you called Hamer a c**t on twitter. You have now admitted you were wrong to do this and have said sorry.

Probably time to put this to bed now, but please don't call him or any of our other players names on twitter again.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of the season. Now let's move on.
  • Options
    @mad83 is not the guy - he makes his protests to bad performances in 'alternative' ways. ;-)
  • Options
    Fair enough if the blokes apologised all I read was what he'd said the first time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer should put his hands up and admit he had a stinker, or even better put them up and stop a soft free kick going in a net
  • Options
    LOL, I know who he is now.

Enjoys a good terrace :-)
  • Options
    WSS said:

@mad83 is not the guy - he makes his protests to bad performances in 'alternative' ways. ;-)

Ah ha !! I now know who the Scunthorpe Sh**ter is !! ;-)
  • Options

it makes him a mouthy little pr*ck. i wonder if he would have to arsehole to stand outside the players entrance and tell him that?

the fact he's followed up after his apology by calling him a wanker also makes him a maggot. if someone was mouthing me off on twitter id wanna meet them for a straightner, just the same as if they were giving it to my face. Hamer cant really do that being a pro footballer, and the kid has taken advantage of that to look hard.

As others can testify I am not this masked man on twitter, as WSS kindly has.

Can you hand on heart tell me you have never said something to anyone you have regretted in the heat of the moment?

And how would you feel if people judged you and all aspects of you life on that one instance?

• Options
    WSS gave you his follow ups;

Seems our twitter mates apology isnt worth a carrot. he's not sorry he is? he's still mouthing off, so it wasnt heat of the moment at all.
  • Options
    mad83 said:

As others can testify I am not this masked man on twitter, as WSS kindly has.

Can you hand on heart tell me you have never said something to anyone you have regretted in the heat of the moment?

And how would you feel if people judged you and all aspects of you life on that one instance?

Am I allowed to judge you on your 'dirty protest' at Scunthorpe ? ;-)
  • Options

WSS gave you his follow ups;

Seems our twitter mates apology isnt worth a carrot. he's not sorry he is? he's still mouthing off, so it wasnt heat of the moment at all.

As I said earlier he has not chosen wisely in dealing with his anger at the time and the subsequent back lash. He has since lashed out because he felt backed into a corner but none of us are angels are we?

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Mad83,

You seem to be missing the point that any digs at Hamer on twitter or for that matter any player is out of order, why is this guy "angry" and venting his spleen on a social site seen all round the world?

Hamer is an average goal keeper in a below average Championship football team who made an error last night whilst doing the job he is employed to do.

What gives anyone the right to call him a c**t?? Does the guy that posted it pay Hamers wages? Even if he did employment law states you cannot call employee's names like that.

There is only one c**t from where I am sitting and it certainly is not Hamer
  • Options
    Charlton had a shocker last night and the players have to live with that as well as us. Despite what people sometimes say I don't think they go home and count their wages, they are competitive people who hate to lose.
    As a fan you are often someone who is passionate and that means you may boil over. But you are also the person who cheers the team on in the rain and cold of February, the 12th man at an away game etc. (and you also spend the money and keep the club alive).
    I don't want anyone to be a hater and I don't condone what happened (both on the pitch or twitter), but you have to move on as it did happen.
    Yeah I want people to have passion, sometimes it's a fine line between that and just anger. The players know this and get on with what they do, training, playing and (hopefully) winning. Why don't we get on with what we do, cheer on our team, celebrate wins, and not bi*c# too much on social media.
    Hopefully both players and fans learn from mistakes so we don't do them again. Come on the Addicks.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Mad83,

You seem to be missing the point that any digs at Hamer on twitter or for that matter any player is out of order, why is this guy "angry" and venting his spleen on a social site seen all round the world?

Hamer is an average goal keeper in a below average Championship football team who made an error last night whilst doing the job he is employed to do.

What gives anyone the right to call him a c**t?? Does the guy that posted it pay Hamers wages? Even if he did employment law states you cannot call employee's names like that.

There is only one c**t from where I am sitting and it certainly is not Hamer

In my work I have been called all sort and I'm not happy about, it isn't right but if I saw those people again in the street I wouldn't hate them or think there awful.

I would understand it was a heat of the moment thing and that deep down they are regretting there actions.

None of us should vilify a man for something we have all done at some stage.