Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - How much of a threat is he??

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
The guy who calls himself the best player in the world has often failed to perform for Sweden and moreover in general against English clubs. I have an inkling however that this is about to change, as captain he seems to have matured somewhat and I really hope Roy Hodgson has a plan as to how to handle him cos when he's on form he can be a big handful.
What do other people reckon, will he come good?? His autobiography 'I am Zlatan' is choc a bloc with funny unbelievably arrogant quotes and anecdotes btw if anyone wanted a good read.

Written an analysis of Zlatan here http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/06/euro-2012-player-watch-zlatan-ibrahimovic/

Comments

• Options
    He's the only Swedish player that would walk into the English side. For that reason he's a big threat.
  • Options
    Yea big threat. Great player - on his day.
  • Options
    Thomas Brolin could walk into the england team but i think thats because he has trouble not walking into things in general the fat git
  • Options
    Thomas Brolin ended up being as big as the England team.
  • Options
    Don't believe he is anywhere near as good as he thinks he is but could be a threat. I have a horribel feeling we may come unstuck tonight
  • Options
    The criticism he gets for not scoring against English sides is short sighted and statistically insignificant. He must've played less than 20 games against English sides. He has the lot - touch, finishing, flair, movement. Averages close to a goal every two games at club and international level.

If we can keep him quiet we'll win comfortably tonight.
  • Options
    Thomas Brolin ended up being as big as the England team.
    I saw Thomas Brolin on tv the other evening and I'm pleased to announce that he appears to have put on signifacnt amounts of weight even since the palarse days. Keep tabs on when and where he goes on holiday 'cos he's a walking one-man tsunami
  • Options
    If he wants to play he'll tear us to shreds, then again if he's not bothered he may as well not be on the pitch.
  • Options
    Thomas Brolin could walk into the england team but i think thats because he has trouble not walking into things in general the fat git
    Scored the winner against England in Euro 2012.
  • Options
    Scored the winner against England in Euro 2012.
    Is that a prediction?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't believe he is anywhere near as good as he thinks he is but could be a threat. I have a horribel feeling we may come unstuck tonight
    Well over 250 career goals, 9 league titles in 3 different countries, I wonder why he thinks he is that good?
  • Options
    30odd goals in 70odd games for Sweden, not really failed to perform for them
  • Options
    Built like a brick house, with a great touch, speed and decent finishing. He is a very very good player.

Cut off his supply to force him to drop deep would be a good start in neutralizing him.
  • Options
    He is a strange one.

Won title 9 out 11 years.
    Played at Juve,Inter,Milan and Barca
    Barca paid 40 milllion and Eto'o for him.

But I have rarely seen him have a good game, usually against English sides.
    Maybe if I followed Serie A closer would see great performances week in and week out, but am sure he will probably go and destroy us tonight.
  • Options
    If he wants to play he'll tear us to shreds, then again if he's not bothered he may as well not be on the pitch.
    Agreed. Noted the other day that at the end of the match the Swedish team were absolutely drenched in sweat. Zlatan had barely broken into a glow and strolled through the match but he still scored didn't he.

Him and Melberg each have their followers in the camp and can't stand each other apparently so he's certainly devisive. Would expect Terry et al to be winding him up from the start.
  • Options
    He is a strange one.

Won title 9 out 11 years.
    Played at Juve,Inter,Milan and Barca
    Barca paid 40 milllion and Eto'o for him.

But I have rarely seen him have a good game, usually against English sides.
    Maybe if I followed Serie A closer would see great performances week in and week out, but am sure he will probably go and destroy us tonight.
    The thing is I've seen plenty of his games, seem him live twice, once for Inter and once for Milan. First occasion did absolutely nothing, second he ran the show and scored a bicycle kick. For me that pretty much sums him up, he is the sort of player on his day is practically unplayable and I can't imagine too many defenders around at the moment would be able to deal with him. If its a bad day you will struggle to know he is on the pitch. Think of him a bit like Berbatov, very similar except Ibra has that physical side to his game as well (when he fancies it of course)
  • Options
    Sweden's only surviving brain-transplant donor
  • Options
    Pressing him into doing something silly by winding him up wouldn't be a bad idea....He does have a black belt in taekwando so a round house to Terry would be welcomed by both nations I am sure.
  • Options
    Great player but very, very hot and cold, reminds me a lot of Berbatov who goes from being brilliant to anonymous game to game.
  • Options
    He's a threat if you can use his name whilst playing Scrabble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's also fluent in four european languages and a committed Christian. So standby for some intellectual conversation with JT tonight then!
  • Options
    Massive
  • Options
    Massive ( to France ).........
  • Options
    Well - he was pretty mouthy when I cut him up in my old Mondeo, but when I got out of the car he wound his windows up and jumped the lights to get away, so he's not that much of a threat really.
  • Options
    The poor mans Josh Magennis has left Manure and is expected to sign for LA Galaxy
  • Options
    Aussies first signing.