Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Cycling The 92 Grounds For Charity - Please Support**

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
What We Are Doing:
My mate and I (19 and 20 year old lads) are going to be cycling to all 92 football grounds next summer in the quickest time we can possibly achieve. It is set to be a grueling challenge with well over 2,000 miles to be cycled, of which we will be aiming to complete anywhere between 50 and 100 miles everyday for just over a month.

Why Were Doing It:
My step-brother died of a rare form of cancer in 2010 at the age of 25 following just a one year battle. Since then we formed a family charity, known as Edgar's Gift, which aims to raise money to enable us to provide special days out, unique experiences and luxury gifts for young adults aged 18-30 who are suffering from cancer. Through this event we intend to raise significant awareness of the charity as well as raise money to try and help bring a little bit more light into the battle of cancer sufferers.

If you would be willing to take a second to 'like' the charity on Facebook and 'follow us' on Twitter that would help significantly:
http://www.facebook.com/Edgarsgift https://twitter.com/#!/Edgarsgift/followers

We will also be creating a blog closer to the time that will be posted for people interested in following our progress.

Also, a route is being created now and as soon as it is finished this will also be uploaded on here, and anyone that is interesting in cycling any of the legs with us two are more than welcome and please don't hesitate to contact.

I want to make this as big as possible so any help/support/suggestions that you may have please leave a comment or get in touch.

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to you mate. Have you got a Just Giving page? Would be easy for people to donate (including me) and is great at spreading the word. Also, do you have a website for Edgar's Gift?
    As this is football related, if you go about it in the right way and get on the social media bandwagon you can raise a hell of a lot for your charity, don't be scared to ask all the clubs for help in donating, you'd be suprised.
    Also, think about doing the ride in Charlton shirts, the club might want to get involved (do a piece in the programme, provide some signed memorabilia etc).

Good luck.
  • Options
    Love hearing about young people like this, willing to do such great things for good causes. Good luck to you
  • Options
    Smudge: I'm not sure if there is an official record or not, from looking around the quickest I've seen someone do it is around 3 months. But I really want to push to get it done in as near to one month as possible.
    Heaven: Setting up a giving page at the minute so as soon as it is done will post it on here so whoever is willing to can donate - if that is you then thanks very much. Yeah the website can be found at: http://www.edgarsgift.co.uk. I've tried posting on all forums and so next was going to move onto contacting all clubs but I really hope we can raise a lot mate. Cheers for the advice and comments, will keep the forum updated as well as our ages if you follow them now.
    CH4RLTON: Thanks for your kind words, hopefully we can make it a big success and help more people.
  • Options
    Not that it matters, but where you.from davepete, what's your team etc. Suspect you're not Charlton.

Good luck, and sorry about your brother. Stick another plug on here nearer the time, too far in advance now.
  • Options
    I am from Leicester so keeping it traditional - a Leicester fan... Pete is from Devon and a Donny fan.
    Thanks mate and will keep updated..

First of all, thank you all for your great comments and support for the event and charity.
    If anybody does want to sponsor our challenge please visit: http://t.co/uZ375HCy
    Be aware that every penny you give will go directly towards buying a gift for a young cancer sufferer.
    Thank You