Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Revamp of Valley Gold scheme - Higher ticket priority and tour of Training Ground

Comments

• Options
    How much does it cost to become a Valley Gold member?
  • Options
    120 a year. I pay mine at £10 per month.
  • Options
    do you have to be a season ticket holder to get ticket priorites as well as being a VG member?
  • Options
    I think I'll join this, Mr Dave Storry are you watching? ; )
  • Options
    You don't have to be a season ticket holder to get priority, although I guess where tickets are at an absolute premium they could well do VG and ST's first.....
  • Options
    Is it fair to infer from this that Valley Gold members now rank higher than (non 5 year) season ticket holders?
  • Options
    They have to do something a little extra to keep us investing as the weekly draw isn't enough anymore. In the 5+ years I have been in it, I have only won 3x£10's. It does need to do that little extra to keep us paying in, so I guess this helps.
  • Options
    They have to do something a little extra to keep us investing as the weekly draw isn't enough anymore. In the 5+ years I have been in it, I have only won 3x£10's. It does need to do that little extra to keep us paying in, so I guess this helps.
    That's more than me and I've been in since the start!
  • Options
    Is it fair to infer from this that Valley Gold members now rank higher than (non 5 year) season ticket holders?
    No 5 years have the same access to 2 tickets per away game
  • Options
    I emailed the club today to find out if my 6 and 9 year old's would have to pay for a membership to Crossbars and was told that it would cost them £55 - £6 more than their season ticket for the whole season ! Not great marketing!.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I emailed the club today to find out if my 6 and 9 year old's would have to pay for a membership to Crossbars and was told that it would cost them £55 - £6 more than their season ticket for the whole season ! Not great marketing!.
    That's a bit unfair. It's less than £5 per head for both the match and a lounge. I doubt you'll get a better deal anywhere.

• Options
    You don't have to be a season ticket holder to get priority, although I guess where tickets are at an absolute premium they could well do VG and ST's first.....
    VG members who are not season ticket holders get lower priority than non VG members who are season ticket holders.
  • Options
    That's a bit unfair. It's less than £5 per head for both the match and a lounge. I doubt you'll get a better deal anywhere.

Maybe. I just didn't expect U11's to be charged membership. The problem is is that we have it so good with the £49 season ticket prices i suppose.
  • Options
    Bear in mind that kids take up places that could be sold to adults. There is a limit set by the fire certificate. I don't think it's unreasonable to charge something.
  • Options
    Same as me. As much as I'd love to renew my crossbars pass, I bought my 14 & 8 yr old boys season tickets, but can't justify paying for the youngest one who'll maybe go to half the home games, so I am not renewing it this year
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited June 2012
    Is crossbars £55 for adults as well?
  • Options
    £110 adults, £80 Valley Gold members, £55 all concessions
  • Options
    I got a couple
    Bear in mind that kids take up places that could be sold to adults. There is a limit set by the fire certificate. I don't think it's unreasonable to charge something.
    This is completely fair
  • Options
    I realise 5 year season ticket holders have the same access. I was thinking of non 5 year season ticket holders who are not in Valley Gold compared to Valley Gold members who are not season ticket holders.

It used to be that season ticket holders came first and, if I've interpreted Airman Brown's post above correctly, still is.
  • Options
    I realise 5 year season ticket holders have the same access. I was thinking of non 5 year season ticket holders who are not in Valley Gold compared to Valley Gold members who are not season ticket holders.

It used to be that season ticket holders came first and, if I've interpreted Airman Brown's post above correctly, still is.
    Correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Life badge holders get top priority. Just quote your CL badge number when booking.
  • Options
    I suppose that as we have such a high percentage of season ticket holders, that giving them priority doesn't limit the number of people wanting away/cup tickets enough. The tour of the training ground sounds interesting, might be enough to make me join the scheme...
  • Options
    Same as me. As much as I'd love to renew my crossbars pass, I bought my 14 & 8 yr old boys season tickets, but can't justify paying for the youngest one who'll maybe go to half the home games, so I am not renewing it this year
    Same with me. My youngest only gets to half the games and neither son can make school night games. So it's not worth me paying the £110 for them. £25-30 would be ok for U11's but i see Ricks point about taking other places as well.
    Looks like we will continue to fight our way to the bar at Bartrams.
  • Options
    Same with me. My youngest only gets to half the games and neither son can make school night games. So it's not worth me paying the £110 for them. £25-30 would be ok for U11's but i see Ricks point about taking other places as well.
    Looks like we will continue to fight our way to the bar at Bartrams.
    I believe you can buy matchday passes if you ask.
  • Options
    A welcome change, My circumstances of graduating from uni meant that I couldn't really join before this season anyway but I'll definitely join now.

But I have to ask if there is any reason why we can't operate a points system like most other clubs? It rewards long term support (I'm thinking there could be problems for some games if we ever return to the Premiership), and gives clear distinguishable bands of rewards for the different levels of tickets (i.e. season ticket = 25, Unattractive cup draws at home = 4, away game = 2, home game = 1).
  • Options
    Apart from the fact that our ticketing system can't cope with it, we are committed to prioritise the VIPs and VG season-ticket holders so they would always sit above any points system. It's never going to happen unless we are regularly selling out.
  • Options
    TCE - Be warned you could wait a long time for your number to come up.
    25 years I've been in VG now and not a bean so far :-)
  • Options
    My grandad cancelled his year before last. He was number 16. Got it the day it came out and never got a thing.
    I could be interested in getting it myself with the new bits attached
  • Options
    That's more than me and I've been in since the start!
    Same here. I've been a member since day one ( didn't we sign up at an open day at Sparrows Lane?) and I round numbers that is £30 more than my accumulated winnings
  • Options
    TCE - Be warned you could wait a long time for your number to come up.
    25 years I've been in VG now and not a bean so far :-)
    Ah but think of the positives, Scott Parker, Lee Bowyer.