Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Justin Hoyte

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Not sure if this is old news but has anyone seen he might be heading to the valley?

Intrested to see what u all think, does this mean Solly is on the way out

Comments

• Options
    So, the "Solly on the move" thread wasn't a big enough clue then?
  • Options
    Why be rude?

• Options
    Why be rude?

I have noticed a lot of sarcasm on here lately - no need for it

• Options
    I suspect he may arrive if Solly goes .
  • Options
    What a bizzare thread
  • Options
    Why be rude?

It winds me up, I ignore it usually but just don't see why people need to be like that
  • Options
    Could be brought in to fight Solly for thr right back birth, thus providing us with the right level of cover.
  • Options
    Yeah we struggled most when we switched Wiggins to right and Evina to left last year. If Hoyte is available and wont break the bank I'd be happy do long as he knows he's very much second choice.
  • Options
    Yeah we struggled most when we switched Wiggins to right and Evina to left last year. If Hoyte is available and wont break the bank I'd be happy do long as he knows he's very much second choice.
    Hardly worth signing anyone who thinks they are very much second choice because if they do think that then that's what they will stay. If Hoyte comes in I want him to think that whoever is in front of him is only there temporarily.

• Options
    Why be rude?

It winds me up, I ignore it usually but just don't see why people need to be like that
    Solly for winding you up and not my intention to be rude but the poster concerned knew perfectly well that this was already under discussion, as it had been for some time and it was at or near the top of the list. They just chose to ignore that thread because they like the attention of starting their own one.

Unfortunately, we have more than our fair share of trolls, wum and attention seekers...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are looking for competition for Solly, not to replace him. Heard it from a very reliable source.
  • Options
    So on the other thread does it quote the club as saying Solly is leaving then ?
  • Options
    Why be rude?

Solly for winding you up and not my intention to be rude but the poster concerned knew perfectly well that this was already under discussion, as it had been for some time and it was at or near the top of the list. They just chose to ignore that thread because they like the attention of starting their own one.

Unfortunately, we have more than our fair share of trolls, wum and attention seekers...
    He's only been posting for a short amount of time. Give him a chance.
  • Options
    We are looking for competition for Solly, not to replace him. Heard it from a very reliable source.
    I agree we need someone as cover for Solly but I really cant see Hoyte coming in as a cover player considering his CV and the fact that not so long ago he was sold for 3 mil.
  • Options
    But he would befree now. He won't be brought in as second choice -if he is brought in- but he'll know he'll have to compete for the starting place with Solly. As a manager, that's how you want it to be.
  • Options
    But he would befree now. He won't be brought in as second choice -if he is brought in- but he'll know he'll have to compete for the starting place with Solly. As a manager, that's how you want it to be.
    i didnt realise he had been released from boro?

Still he is 27 years old and would demand a high wage. Why would we want to bring someone like this when it is more than likely he would just be a cover player.

If we sign him I think its a clear indication that Solly is on his way out.
  • Options
    Hopefully Powell doesn't want to sign players for cover. Hopefully he wants to sign players who want to fight for a start in the team.
  • Options
    He wasn't released, he was offered a new contract based on how good they think he is. Clearly he would like to earn more money, but time will tell what he is actually worth.

A move back to London might be what he is wrangling for, and if that's the case then why wouldn't his agent put our name in the frame?
  • Options
    I don't think that would be the case at all. Powell would have seen how difficult it was for us to replaces Solly when he was injured and realised the position needs proper cover. If Hoyte was at Arsenal as a youngster, I presume he is a London lad and maybe we would appeal. If he intended to come and play in the reserves I'd say leave well alone but he probably would come with the beleif he can oust Solly - even if that probably won't be the case. Would be a terrific signing and a real sign of intent IMO.
  • Options
    Has to be a parallel with Evina - ex Arsenal, came in out of contract, done well when he's had a chance...

Realistically, I think Solly would have been rested more last season if we'd had more viable cover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to be a parallel with Evina - ex Arsenal, came in out of contract, done well when he's had a chance...

Realistically, I think Solly would have been rested more last season if we'd had more viable cover.
    Like Wiggins was?

• Options
    He wasn't released, he was offered a new contract based on how good they think he is. Clearly he would like to earn more money, but time will tell what he is actually worth.

A move back to London might be what he is wrangling for, and if that's the case then why wouldn't his agent put our name in the frame?
    Boro are re-structuring financially right now, as they have been spending way over what they can afford since they've been stuck in the Championship for a few seasons.

In line with their reduced budget, they have offered reduced contracts to a number of players, including Hoyte.

Most people don't reckon much on their wages being slashed in half, so Hoyte is looking for a new club.