Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U.S. Open Golf

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Jumped on Rose around 6pm @ 8-1; well pleased. Mickelson 2nd again was a banker @ 22-1 e/w. My others faded badly but feeling smug that I avoided the 'easy' bets of Woods and McIlroy. In profit again after calling Scott at the Masters recently.
  • Options
    ......and my call of Ernie Els each way @ 80-1 was also a great shout coming in jt 4th. Kinda proves I don't just go for '8 of the 10 favourites and then say Told You So', eh Red Panda!!?? £10 e/w would have netted you a cool £210 return. Nice!
  • Options
    Ha, it probably did come across the wrong way but it was meant in jest, good work! Dufner placed which left me in a little profit (and I mean little).

Hopefully Rose winning will give added impetus to his fellow Brits, as Harrington's major wins seemed to do in Ireland/Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Has Britain ever held the US golf and tennis opens at the same time before ?
  • Options
    twas great televison ..thought Jstin handled himself very well on the back 9 and during interviews and presentation ..made us proud to be English .felt a tad sorry for Phil as he is a good sportsman and plays with good grace .We all speak about Rory but Justin has gone through an awful lot to build his character and he may suprise us by winning again and again now .I just love the the last 9 holes of a major ,nothing quite like it ..must admit a bit bleary eyed today ! well Done Justin !!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really enjoyed that - very close to the end, unlike when Rory and Darren Clarke won their majors, which was great too, but not as exciting. Kept remembering Rose putting Mickelson in his place at the Ryder Cup - and he did it again!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Sadly Tony Jacklin is still the last English born us open winner.

No need to be sad. Justin Rose is as English as Ted Dexter, Colin Cowdrey and Cliff Richard.

He moved here when he was 5. He is English.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Good question.

Possibly Virginia Wade and Jacklin? I'll check.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

se9addick said:

Good question.

Possibly Virginia Wade and Jacklin? I'll check.
    Ann Jones?
  • Options
    Wade 1968, Jacklin 1970 so no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rose murray 2013

What odds would you have got on that
  • Options

Rose murray 2013

What odds would you have got on that

Rose was around 33's and Murray must have been about 10's...so 330/1 double
  • Options
    is Towie over now mate

330-1 sounds good wonder if anyone had it
  • Options
    Next episode is Wednesday mate. Cant wait.

• Options
    Big brother on every night i have 12 weeks of 9 pm tv off limits i too cant wait
  • Options
    Yeah shes into that as well...got the Confederations cup on the kindle to get me out of that though.
  • Options
  • Options
    Its what sky go on the laptop was made for
  • Options
    JT said: