Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham friendly

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Dunno if its been posted already but:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
Hearing that #cafc's final pre-season friendly is at Fulham and will be behind closed doors. Date of game will be August 11.

Due to the Olympics, caps off a pretty crap looking pre season that we can't even go to the 'big' friendly

Comments

• Decent team to play a week before the season starts, shame about behind closed doors however I doubt I would of gone going to Crawley. Not a fan of watching friendly
  • Danny Murphy requested that it be behind closed doors.
  • Will be the same atmpsphere from the Fulham fans for this one as there was in the cup.
  • Danny Murphy has been released. - I think it's a good fixture before the season starts, nice test.
  • Danny Murphy requested that it be behind closed doors.
    Lol!
  • I've heard rumour there will be no home games for london clubs during the Olympics & Paralympics as the police can not cope with the volume of crowds and the traffic problems which would mean no games homes game until at least the 9th September. Remember it's only a rumour I have heard.
  • Why not ask that nice Mr Scally if we can play on his ground?
  • I've heard rumour there will be no home games for london clubs during the Olympics & Paralympics as the police can not cope with the volume of crowds and the traffic problems which would mean no games homes game until at least the 9th September. Remember it's only a rumour I have heard.

tis true
  • DRFDRF
    edited June 2012
    I've heard rumour there will be no home games for london clubs during the Olympics & Paralympics as the police can not cope with the volume of crowds and the traffic problems which would mean no games homes game until at least the 9th September. Remember it's only a rumour I have heard.
    Well it's been on the OS so it's not really a rumour!
  • Pretty sure it was confirmed by Airman a while back that we can play at home on the first day.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is a gap between the two events, tho not sure why the much smaller paralympic shd warrant all those police
  • Danny Murphys wife requested that it be behind closed doors.
    There you go I have corrected in for you :-)
  • Entry to CL badge holders only
  • Is that the badge that people can buy or the one we get given at the initiation ceremony?
  • This would have been a perfect game to play at a neutral ground outside of London.

Ebbsfleet?
  • This would have been a perfect game to play at a neutral ground outside of London.

Ebbsfleet?
    Plymouth

Ebbsfleet?
    Plymouth

Carlisle.
  • Krakow
  • so does this also mean that there will be no cricket at lords or at the oval whilst the olympics is on? i know cricket is not as rowdy but im sure there must be a police preseance at games, do they really think it would kick off letting fans watch a friendly??
  • so does this also mean that there will be no cricket at lords or at the oval whilst the olympics is on? i know cricket is not as rowdy but im sure there must be a police preseance at games, do they really think it would kick off letting fans watch a friendly??
    Think they've put The Oval test match just before the Olympics and the Lord's test just after. While the Olympics are taking place there's a test match at Headingley
  • Sponsored links:

• what about the 20/20s they get pretty rowdt, especially essex v surrey middlesex kent..
  • edited June 2012
    what about the 20/20s they get pretty rowdt, especially essex v surrey middlesex kent..
    All completed before the Olympics

• what about the 20/20s they get pretty rowdt, especially essex v surrey middlesex kent..
    All completed before the Olympics

• THe 20/20 games finish before the Olympics start, and the test at the Oval tarts on the 19/07 before the Olympics an Surrey have a county game at Guildford during the Olympics. Lords of course hosts the archery for the Olympics and paraolympics so no cricket there during late July to mid september.
  • Paralympic archery moves to Woolwich to allow for the South Africa test match
  • Paralympic archery moves to Woolwich to allow for the South Africa test match
    The one day international, not the third test match.
  • Can't they show it on player or something? The extra subscriptions could cover the cost!
  • Very good idea Muttley.
  • Can't they show it on player or something? The extra subscriptions could cover the cost!
    Medal for Muttley
  • The only issue is whether live video is possible - audio clearly is. Wouldn't have to be anything too elaborate - one camera would do.