Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monday 5pm-England v France-Preview/Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I'm not criticising, go back and have a look at what I wrote after the game, even before the game I thought we could get something out of it. However what I won't do is get drawn into the usual, oh aren't our boys wonderful, lets all pat them on the back for their efforts and if anyone who says different are anti-English/miserable etc. I'm being a realist, in terms of ability we can't compete with the top nations but with a hard working team, the right tactics and a bit of luck they could do okay.
    Agree with this statement
    Oh Lord, quick I retract everything I said, all our boys are world class ;-)
  • Options
    I'm not criticising, go back and have a look at what I wrote after the game, even before the game I thought we could get something out of it. However what I won't do is get drawn into the usual, oh aren't our boys wonderful, lets all pat them on the back for their efforts and if anyone who says different are anti-English/miserable etc. I'm being a realist, in terms of ability we can't compete with the top nations but with a hard working team, the right tactics and a bit of luck they could do okay.
    I agree with this too.

• Options
    Agree with this statement
    Oh Lord, quick I retract everything I said, all our boys are world class ;-)
    After tonight we will walk this competition.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    Give give your thoughts on the game chaps rather than just slag off others, ta
  • Options
    AFKA if BigRob posted a few pics of what he has shot this week we would all agree with him and move on !
  • Options
    Backed 1-1 at 9/2 so happy one respect

Thought we played as well as we could still think this sidecould sneak a semi final win and a draw from the last 2

All those slagging England etc need to get a fooking life get behind them ffs

Looking at flights and tickets for the semis now
  • Options
    most important thing we didnt lose.

anyone expecting free flowing english football is living in another world. we done ok and will improve as we play in the competition.
  • Options
    Why do people have such a downer on England?

We played well and with a bit of luck we could get to the semis where expect us to lose to Germany

Nothing bad about that
  • Options
    STarted off very well in both halves, were especially probing in the first half, looked tired in the second. Didn't think the French side had that much quality, good going forward but never REALLY cut us through. Just had more flair. Think we need to be more creative going forward. Definitely don't want Welbeck starting upfront. He just doesn't hurt defences enough.

Sweden and Ukraine should be interesting but reckon we'll win em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit like watching Charlton defend further and further back, to deep for me, makes it feel like theres a goal coming.
    That problem was highlighted by the goal.

Chamberlain has a bright future
  • Options
    Thought we'd lose so happy with the result tbh. Solid display to restrict a serious front three, still worried about the other two games although i think we have enough to keep it tight and with Rooney back last game should have enough to scrape through.
  • Options
    France to win to NIL, 13/5. I'm all over that.
    Another one bites the dust JB. Keep us up to date with your losing bets, just like every other gambler does... Or not... ;-)

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Thought in sPells we played excellent great result toughest game out the way

The ox needs to be more confident that he is there for a reason England to top group frOm here
  • Options
    Good result against a good team.

Ashley Young's our main man. Not overly impressed by Ox though tbh but he is only young and that.
  • Options
    Good result against a good team.

Ashley Young's our main man. Not overly impressed by Ox though tbh but he is only young and that.
    Thought Young looked shut out and ineffective today personally.
  • Options
    Worst England team I have ever seen in my lifetime.
  • Options
    Did a good professional job with a limited team. No stand-out players for England though I thought Glen Johnson had one of his better games in an England shirt.

Hopefully will see a bit more attacking flair against Sweden, though with a 1:45am kick-off, I'm not sure I'll watch it. If at is as slow as last night's game it'll send me to sleep anyway.
  • Options
    The team done a solid job but with players of milner and wellbecks ilk in it I don't expect us to pull any trees up and I'm usually pretty bullish of englands chances(so let's hope I'm wrong as usual!)
    As said above parker looked very tired as the second half progressed , I also thought jo hart wasn't as great as he has been, this kid could be an all time great if he doesn't get long of himself and take his eye of his goals.
    I thought in patches nasri looked unplayable which he doesn't usually do against the better teams in the prem, which to me was more about us being a little bit vulnerable defensively
    The french were ordinary as well
    Looking at sweden v ukraine I think we should have enough to scrape thru and with roy getting more time with em he could make us harder to beat for the better teams , if we're gonna win it there'll be a couple of penalty shoot outs along the way !
    Come on England !!
  • Options
    The team done a solid job but with players of milner and wellbecks ilk in it I don't expect us to pull any trees up and I'm usually pretty bullish of englands chances(so let's hope I'm wrong as usual!)
    As said above parker looked very tired as the second half progressed , I also thought jo hart wasn't as great as he has been, this kid could be an all time great if he doesn't get long of himself and take his eye of his goals.
    I thought in patches nasri looked unplayable which he doesn't usually do against the better teams in the prem, which to me was more about us being a little bit vulnerable defensively
    The french were ordinary as well
    Looking at sweden v ukraine I think we should have enough to scrape thru and with roy getting more time with em he could make us harder to beat for the better teams , if we're gonna win it there'll be a couple of penalty shoot outs along the way !
    Come on England !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think young done enough and was impressed with ox to be honest. Need to get him on the ball more.

Only way we were going to score was through a set piece as we didn't create enough but I was always confident of our defence.

Don't think the next 2 games will be as easy as the pundits were making out yesterday however I still think we will have enough to go through.
  • Options
    Just confirmed what I was saying about the ox a week or so , not yet ready to start an International.
    A great prospect, and probably a good impact sub. Not sure Henderson, Milner or Defeo did anything to enhance there International career.
    Johnson had one of his better International outings, after a nervous start Hart did okay. Not sure if Young is 'class', or is it 'glass', sorry son falling over and going down as is his style of play. Agree about Parker, looked tired, and should have been subbed after 60 minutes.
    On paper a decent result, and Milner should have scored after the first goal, but that is England I guess.
  • Options
    I thought it was a decent enough performance. We defended well and the important thing was that we didn't lose. I think the mark of how well we did was that the French were reduced to taking pot shots from 20 yards out. We had two solid lines of players and, for all their possession, they rarely got into the box. Given that they are unbeaten for over 20 matches, that's pretty good going. For a team with arguably our best player missing, we did very well indeed. I thought Parker, Wellbeck, Cole and (ahem) John Terry had very good games.

The only downer for me was that I had this image in my head of what the bastard-child of Frank Ribbery and Julian Lescott might look like.

• Options
    Put a tenner on the match finishing 1-1 18/1 at Ladbrokes.

£180 is mine. Thank you England.
  • Options
    Btw, Sweden and Ukraine will NOT be easy games.
  • Options

You got 18/1 for a 1-1 draw? Bloody Hell, they are nice odds to get.
  • Options
    A very solid defensive performance from a makeshift team - England look hard to beat and it took a shot from outside the box for France to score, but England will need to push up a bit.

Positives: good defence, midfield looks solid and did a job and we tackled hard for the ball and were prepared to run at defenders.

Negatives: Milner should have scored and we need Rooney back.
  • Options
    18/1? Bloody hell!

I only got 25/1 for Terry and 2-1
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Where did you get 18-1 ? Is was 7 or 8 -1 on every bookies I looked at.( including Ladbrokes)
  • Options
    Mexes the French CB is a dead ringer for My Little Pony.