Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley & The Olympics

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
I notice that Barnets training facilities are being used by Football Officials as their base during the Olympics. I was wondering if the Valley is being used for anything during the games.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, I think one of the hockey teams are using the valley and I'm pretty sure sparrows is also being used for something else
  • Options
    Team GB are using Eltham College
  • Options
    Won't we be using Sparrows for pre season training?
  • Options
    Won't we be using Sparrows for pre season training?
    Danson Park this summer.
  • Options
    argentina are using sparrows lane aren't they?
  • Options
    Someone on FB said Brazil are training at long lane, anyone know if that's true ?
  • Options
    Someone on FB said Brazil are training at long lane, anyone know if that's true ?

A lot of money has been spent there mate. They have really brought it up to standard (it used to be just a load of muddy, bobbly football pitches). I'm sure that it was done for the Olympics.
    Not sure who is using it as their base though.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Most of Sparrows Lane is currently having it's close season maintenance, re-seeding, dressing etc. Didn't look completely ready when I walked through Sparrows Lane yesterday, and I doubt Paddy would want anybody on there at the moment.

• Options

A lot of money has been spent there mate. They have really brought it up to standard (it used to be just a load of muddy, bobbly football pitches). I'm sure that it was done for the Olympics.
    Not sure who is using it as their base though.
    Long Lane got a 10mil lotto grant, they have just spent 2mil on a drainege system. The pitches are ultra flat and cut to perfect

Their are quite a few olymipic football teams training there.

For 6 weeks the whole site is out of bounds even for Long Lane FC!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Valley is being used for the swimming:

• Options
    Love that!