Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bent and captaincy

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Do you think Pards took Benty off early as a precaution or to reduce the risk of further humiliation for West Ham - or a bit of both?

Also, did you notice that JFH had the armband to give to Young - who didn't want it and pointed to Holland, but JFH insisted and Young had to reluctantly accept?

Comments

• Options
    Did see Bent rubbing his knee in middle of second half - think he might need to rest up a bit still this week.
  • Options
    Maybe Young wasn't allowed to have it for this reason :

Charlton hit Young, Reid with fines
    tribalfooball.com - February 25, 2007

Charlton Athletic boss Alan Pardew has hit Luke Young and Andy Reid with fines for breaking curfew last week.
    The People says the pair infuriated Pardew by having a night out in Marbella when they should have been tucked up in bed at their hotel instead.

Pardew caught Reid as he tried to sneak back to his room, while Young later owned up to his part in the night out.

A Charlton insider said: "We heard that the boys were out until 5am and they certainly looked worse for wear at breakfast the next morning.

"The manager was furious and rightly so because he promised everyone a night out later in the week but Luke and Andy decided they couldn't wait."

Each player was fined £15,000.
  • Options
    Did well to keep that quiet before the weekend. So it's not only pies that are Reidy's problem...?
  • Options
    stupid is as stupid does
  • Options
    sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Did see Bent rubbing his knee in middle of second half - think he might need to rest up a bit still this week.

I saw that as well. I thought he was wanting to go off at least ten minutes before he finally departed
  • Options
    Anyone with insider knowledge know if our Dazzler is OK?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Anyone with insider knowledge know if our Dazzler is OK?

bump.

anyone know if he has been training this week ?
  • Options
    Ollie ... have you seen him involved in any chopper action near the tunnel?
  • Options
    you no what, i aint actually seen him since the chopper incident! I saw him twice in a week in his aston thingy, then i saw him on his chopper by the tunnel, but i aint seen him since! (Perhaps i am honering the restraining order!)