Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Mute" Pardew

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
According to Tevez:

West Ham's Tevez hits out at Pardew
tribalfooball.com - February 24, 2007

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez admits he never saw eye-to-eye with former manager Alan Pardew.
Before yesterday's 4-0 reverse to Pardew's Charlton, Tevez told the Daily Mail: "I am not a controversial player and I do not desire to hear comments about bad luck.

"But I am not the person responsible for our bad results. I never had a fluid relationship with Pardew.

"I don't know what his motives were but I think that he never had confidence in us.

"My impressions of Pardew are not positive. He did not really speak much with the players. With us he was a mute."

Comments

• Options
    Funny as a lot of the criticism I've read of Pards is the fact he was too close to the players, going out on the lash with them etc etc, which is kinda the opposite of this.
  • Options
    Seems to prove the point that Pards never wanted Tevez and MashedPotato at the club in the first place...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Seems to prove the point that Pards never wanted Tevez and MashedPotato at the club in the first place...[/quote]

As we all pointed out at the time there was something dodgy about the whole deal, Mashed whatever hardly got near the WH first team, yet he goes to Liverpool on loan for 18 months (and other than a few kids and traillists when did Liverpool ever take a player on loan??) and goes straight into their starting XI. Fair enough, a player of that calibre should be an automatic start, but why did he hardly ever play at WH?

Why did Pardew and then Curbs refuse to play him?
  • Options
    The BBC reported the following about the relationship between Tevez and Curbs:

West Ham's Argentine misfit Carlos Tevez admits he rarely speaks to manager Alan Curbishley.
    Tevez, 22, who has yet to score a goal in the Premiership as the Hammers struggle for survival, said: "The manager speaks to you very little. "

Perhaps English management style is different to that which he is used to. If he levels the same criticism and two experienced English managers, perhaps it is his interprettation that is in question, not the managers themselves.
  • Options
    my guess is that he hardly speaks English whilst Curbs/Pards Spanish ain't up to much.
  • Options
    He probably doesn't appreciate or understand phrases from Pard's or Curbs like:

"When we signed you we was done up like a kipper"

"why are you wearing that headband on your barnet, are you a nine bob or what?"

'ow do you like your pie and mash, licker or no licker?

"who won the bloody Falklands war anyway?"