Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garden Shed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Davy

What you need is a re-run of the Shedheads show on the Home Discovery channel, get a few ideas from that.

I think its been replaced by either the Caravan or the Narrow Boat show.... some people say my life is boring!!!!!!!.
  • Options
    Me and the Missus dismantled our shed last week, a big 12ft by 8 ft, and will replace with a smaller one big enough to house a hot-tub.
    your going to have more trouble finding a hot tub to house you Large ;-)

Lol, cheeky beggar

• Options
    I love my shed. It's even got a sink and a loo.
  • Options
    If not too far from you, there's a place in Rochester (right by the bridge) on the main road that do some lovely sheds. Some are quite expensive, esp the summer house types but they sell the ex-display models on normally for half price and give them another coat if needed.
  • Options
    Funnily enough we've got one arriving tomorrow (hopefully!). Acquired from an outfit who have deals on both e-bay and amazon: tongue and groove panels and fully treated with preservative etc. Make sure the base is level, concrete or paving stones, and that there's a decent air gap between the shed's floor and the base. 'Rails' for the shed to sit on should be supplied as part of the deal. Roofing felt often isn't supplied with the shed and has to be acquired seperately as does a decent padlock to supplement the door lock: it's surprising what people will nick from insecure sheds. Also check your home insurance cover to see if outbuildings are covered and if any particular security is required. Usually helps to have someone helping especially when it comes to getting the roof on. Good luck. Oh, one more thing: when looking at them check the way the door opens: on our present ramshackle ruin the door opens onto the back gate and you can't have them both open at the same time. Sounds silly but it can be bloody annoying!

</blockquote#

March how did you get on with the shed?
  • Options
    Quiet day in the office, Davy....?

;o)
  • Options
    Nick Drake.
    Man in a shed......

Well there was a man who lived in a shed
    Spent most of his days out of his head
    For his shed was rotten let in the rain
    Said it was enough to drive any man insane
    When it rained
    He felt so bad
    When it snowed he felt just simply sad.

Well there was a girl who lived nearby
    Whenever he saw her he could only simply sigh
    But she lived in a house so very big and grand
    For him it seemed like some very distant land
    So when he called her
    His shed to mend,
    She said I'm sorry you'll just have to find
    a friend.

Well this story is not so very new
    But the man is me, yes and the girl is you
    So leave your house come into my shed
    Please stop my world from raining
    through my head
    Please don't think I'm not your sort
    You'll find that sheds are
    nicer than you thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZA8Su6vpc&amp;feature=related
  • Options
    Sad :-(
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Davy, how good of you to be interested in this absorbing subject. The erection is progressing well but has not quite reached completion though I am hopeful that matters will come to a head over the weekend. There is a good, firm base and as I want it to last I am putting in some extra supports. Because of age and various infirmities I'm not rushing things but the missus is very pleased with the way things are going. I'll keep you informed and perhaps post a snap of it once I am fully satisfied with it. How're you getting on?
  • Options
    Blimey, Ken .......that took me back, shall we say a year or two? smiley winky thing.

Anyway, couldn't resist playing it again.

Poor old Nick Drake RIP

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quiet day in the office, Davy....?

;o)
    I've had busier ;-)
  • Options
    Davy, how good of you to be interested in this absorbing subject. The erection is progressing well but has not quite reached completion though I am hopeful that matters will come to a head over the weekend. There is a good, firm base and as I want it to last I am putting in some extra supports. Because of age and various infirmities I'm not rushing things but the missus is very pleased with the way things are going. I'll keep you informed and perhaps post a snap of it once I am fully satisfied with it. How're you getting on?

March - i havent started just trying to guage how difficult the demolition and erection (ooer missus) will be before i embark on it!!
  • Options
    Blimey, Ken .......that took me back, shall we say a year or two? smiley winky thing.

Anyway, couldn't resist playing it again.

Poor old Nick Drake RIP

Yes such a simple song on the surface, but like nearly every Drake song, enrobed in meanings, many of his fans think this was a love song written to Ms Beverly Martyn, married to the late great John Martyn.
  • Options

March - i havent started just trying to guage how difficult the demolition and erection (ooer missus) will be before i embark on it!!
  • Options
    Id be happy to have a garden ! Not had one in the 9 years since leaving home
  • Options
    Beware the rampant radishes, Shiney.