Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Thatcher

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
For me has been our best player since arriving. Really has put a bit of composure into our defence. A very shrewd bit of business.

Comments

• Options
    totally agree, very solid and hasn't put a foot wrong so far...

Song was also class on saturday...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]For me has been our best player since arriving. Really has put a bit of composure into our defence. A very shrewd bit of business.

I agree too,he's been quality
  • Options
    he had a load of claret on saturday.didn't see the incident or who from but harewood was trying his best to goad him,at 4-0 thatcher wasn't really interested in him and styles chatiing to him throughout.
  • Options
    Was worried he nearly lost it at the end when keeping the ball down by the corner flag - they were really laying into him, but in the end he walked calmly away... Well done Ben!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The man has been an absolute revelation. I was very wary when we signed him - and that's leaving aside any questions about his character, etc as I just didn't think he was much cop - but he's been very very solid for us defensively and has also been looking to support coming forward too.

In all, a great signing by Pards so far.

Edit: Oh yeah, and there was just no comparrison between him and the other left back on display!!!
  • Options
    did anyone else notice that he dropped the ball EVERY time he could for the throw ins to waste time....... old trick, very funny and sign of a pro.....
  • Options
    Weegie I agree, I thought he would lose it when they starting kicking lumps out of him at the corner flag.

Well done Ben, another top performance.

I just hope he can continue to keep "the red mist at bay".I'm not being critical but I somehow doubt it.If you're prone to lose your temper then it's nye on impossible to totally change your character.But here's hoping.
  • Options
    He was also really pumped up at the end and appears to be relishing the fight. Holland was joined by BT at the end of his customary lap of the pitch and he lloked overjoyed at what had just happened
  • Options
    He has totally won me over. I thought he was outstanding on Saturday. I truely hope he can keep his cool because he is a class act at left back.
  • Options
    AGree - he's been class since we signed him. That game at Pompey was the making of him I think - in the end they even stopped booing him (which is a sure sign that they''ve figured out they weren't getting under his skin).

Still worried about his temper though - he reminds me a lot of Toddy - an accident waiting to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Weegie I agree, I thought he would lose it when they starting kicking lumps out of him at the corner flag.

Well done Ben, another top performance.

I just hope he can continue to keep "the red mist at bay".I'm not being critical but I somehow doubt it.If you're prone to lose your temper then it's nye on impossible to totally change your character.But here's hoping.

Mind you as soon as he hit the deck both the west ham players jumped back, probably expecting him to come up swinging. Very funny. I've been really impressed. For a supposed hot-head he seems totally unflustered on the pitch.
  • Options
    All down to Pards man-management techniques? He seems to be calmness personified at present...Citeh may be the one we've been waiting for...somewhat agree with Leroy Ambrose...tempers don't just disappear...

That said, fair play to the guy - he's doing a great job for us and his level of committment cannot be faulted.
  • Options
    I know it's not allowed to be a pessimist...but I do have this nagging worry that it will just take the red mist once then we lose him for 15 games. Unless he can get through another whole season without seeing red...

It's like walking on a knife edge - must be extremely difficult for him, yet his performances as a defender have been a revelation.
  • Options
    Thatcher has shown how fickle I can be when it comes to football - it feels like he walks on the pitch from the terraces and does the job we all see needs doing.
  • Options
    he seems to carry this undertone of menace about him.our side has really been missing someone who you think will be in the heart of a scrap.our players now have someone to watch their backs.put zz on their and oppo may not leave their dressing rooms!

i have been very impressed with his football ability too.
  • Options
    And another