Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Third Test v West Indies

England's squad:

Andrew Strauss (capt), Alastair Cook, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Jonny Bairstow, Matt Prior (wk), Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Steven Finn, Graham Onions

Jimmy Anderson has been rested so presumably Finn will start and rumours are that Stuart Broad might also miss out and Onions might start, but hat lengthens the tail a tad. For the Windies the mystery spinner Sunil Narine looks like making his Test debut and Timo "Mind the Windows" Best might also get a start.

Comments

• Options
    I'll be there on Friday if anyone fancies meeting up for a lunchtime cider
  • Options
    Whilst we should play out strongest team etc, the fact that onions and Finn are out reserves goes some way to explaining why we are no. 1. There aren't many teams that they wouldn't get into. The tail won't be that long... Though broad is almost a test class all rounder. England should have too much for the west indies, who bat line we do in the subcontinent
  • Options
    Makes sense to play them - 1) gives key players a rest and 2) we may need to call on them and playing the third test will help.
  • Options
    The one-day series will be very competitive I think.

They have called up Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Smith, Dwayne Bravo and Sunil Narine.

All of the above were in the IPL and most did exceptionally, Will be interesting to watch.

In terms of the 3rd test I would keep Broad & Bresnan in the team and select Finn rather than Onions as the replacement for Anderson.

Will be an important test match for Johnny Bairstow, as he needs to make an impression on the selectors.
  • Options
    I think I would also rest Broad. We have won the series and have a much more important series v Australia coming up. Be there saturday, weather permitting!
  • Options
    Finally play starts - Windies 164/5 at tea, Samuels 50 not out but Chanderpaul is out injured and they have a lengthy tail.
  • Options
    what are the odds of a result other than a draw ? Unless we bowl them out within half an hour on Sunday & then bat very well. I can't really see any other result. We would have to get 450 by lunch on Monday & then hope to bowl them out within 2 sessions.............just can't see it.
  • Options
    england 16's indies 22's draw 1/28
  • Options
    Weather forecast is not good for either day. Draw nailed on.
  • Options
    Don't normally support the oppo in any way against England but Best deserved his ton and I for one wouldn't have begrudged him it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play abandoned for the day - match declared a draw, Bresnan's streak of 13 Tests and 13 wins ends.

Tino gets Man of the Match.
  • Options
    thought it was a bit of a joke yesterday with the umpires going off for bad light. batsmen could see the ball. even if the light was perfect its quite hard to see the ball when its going 90mph, unless your behind the bowlers arm.
  • Options
    thought it was a bit of a joke yesterday with the umpires going off for bad light. batsmen could see the ball. even if the light was perfect its quite hard to see the ball when its going 90mph, unless your behind the bowlers arm.
    Yep, cricket shoots itself in the foot again.