Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And Relax - everything will be OK

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Well according to my prediction on the BBC Prediction League Table thingy ...............

I have accurately predicted ever game as honestly & unbiased as i can:

Our results will be:

a. Watford 2-0 win
h. newcastle 2.1 win
h. wigan 3-1 win
a. man city 0-1 loss
h. reading 0-1 loss
a. everton 1-0 win
h. sheff utd 3-0 win
a. blackburn 1-1 draw
h. spurs 1-1 draw
a. liverpool 4-1 loss

That gives us 40 points & with the other results i have predicted a bottom that looks like this

15. CAFC 40 pts (-19 gd)
16. Sheff Utd 40 pts (-26 gd)
17. Fulham 36 pts (-22 gd)
18. West Ham 35 pts (-32 gd)
19. Wigan 34 pts (-27 gd)
20. Watford 21 pts (-41 gd)
Prediction Thingy - You Try It

So no need to panic, 5 wins & a couple of draws will be more than enough!!!

Comments

• Options
    I did the same and got us in at 43 points, can't remember how I achieved it, but I did end up with Man City down in the mire!
  • Options
    easy peasy lemon squeezy
  • Options
    Easter could be the real crunch time. Citeh away and Reading at home in 4 days. Points out of those games would be well good...don't care how many points we have at the end of the season providing we are in position 17 or higher. Here's to keeping a fit squad to the end of the season (hope you're back soon Marcus...) COME ON YOU REDS.
  • Options
    Oakster - be interested to see your unbiased account of the other teams results. You think Wigan will only get 4 more points and Fulham who played really well on saturday will only get another 4 points as well?
  • Options
    I have a bad feeling that this could be an unlucky year similar to when West ham went down with 42 points. Think we could get around 40-42 and still go down.
  • Options
    13 CAFC 42
    14 Boro 41
    15 Wigan 41
    16 Sheff U 39
    17 Fulham 38
    18 Man City 35
    19 WestHam 26
    20 Watford 19

I did mine before Watford won at West Ham which I predicted as a draw. I now don't think we'll finish that high but still reckon we'll get out of it. However, since I've done it all my CAFC results have been right.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Oakster - be interested to see your unbiased account of the other teams results. You think Wigan will only get 4 more points and Fulham who played really well on saturday will only get another 4 points as well?

Wigan +5 according to Oakster. I can't see how the Hammers are gonna get another 15 though. Another win and they'll be lucky.
  • Options
    No more points for Watford all season? Must pass this on to my sis-in-law...lovin' it. Think it may be a bit more of a squeeze for us after Wigan won yesterday...but WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT!!
  • Options
    The problem is pretty much all the teams around us have to play WH aswell, and I just don't see them winning another game.

Let's hope Curbs can do us some favours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Oakster - be interested to see your unbiased account of the other teams results. You think Wigan will only get 4 more points and Fulham who played really well on saturday will only get another 4 points as well?

Wigan +5 according to Oakster. I can't see how the Hammers are gonna get another 15 though. Another win and they'll be lucky.

They both have very tough remaining fixtures - i think they'll draw a few but wonder where the victories will come. I also think the Hammers will revive especially if they get some of the injured players back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster, what happened to Citeh in your model?
  • Options
    got watford, sheffield and west ham down and us surviving on 38
  • Options
    I did this and got us to finish 17th with 38 points, one ahead of Man City. Wigan were 16th, Watford 19th and Wham 20th. I really do believe that Man City will be the team to catch. Unfortunately I'm not really sure that they will only get 7 more points although they do have a tough run-in.
  • Options
    Its just too hard predicting all the different combination of results that are possible, the easiest way to look at it is that we MUST get to to 40 points, if we achieve that we are 73% sure of avoiding the drop based on the last 11 seaons of 38 game Premiership seasons.

Below are all the 38 game Premier League seasons.....

95/96 Southampton stayed up with 38 points (on goal diff)
    96/97 Coventry stayed up with 41 points (would have been safe with 40)
    97/98 Everton stayed up with 40 points (on goal difference)
    98/99 Southampton stayed up with 41 points (but would have been safe with 37)
    99/00 Bradford stayed up with 36 points (but would have been safe with 34)
    00/01 Derby stayed up with 42 points (but would have been safe with 35)
    01/02 Sunderland stayed up with 40 points (but would have been safe with 37)
    02/03 Bolton stayed up with 44 points (but would have been safe with 43)
    03/04 Everton stayed up with 39 points (but would have been safe with 34)
    04/05 West Brom stayed up with 34 points
    05/06 Pompey stayed up with 38 points (but would have been safe with 35)

As you can see, in 02/03, 97/98 and 96/97 West Ham and Bolton respectively went down with 40, 42 and 40 points respectively and can consider themselves very unlucky to have done so.

That's why another 17 points, five wins and two draws SHOULD do the job for us but if we can sneak five wins, three draws then that might make all te difference.

Historically, there has almost always been a freefalling side that drops into the bottom three and we need this to be Sheff Utd (who looked terrible at Anfield) or Man City.
  • Options
    Ormiston excellent info.I think we'll end up on 38 points and according to your stats that would have been enough to keep us up in 8 of the last 11 seasons.Encouraging.
  • Options
    04/05 West brom stayed up with 34 points! What a great season that must've been then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]04/05 West brom stayed up with 34 points! What a great season that must've been then!

It was...

Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

We sent the Son of Selhurst down