Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message to Mortain and Other Hammers Fans

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
I just wanted to say how impressed I was at the magnificent way the West Ham fan's kept their support going despite the way the game was going and the score line. They were a credit to football, themselves and their club, which is much more than can be said of most of their players yesterday. Some of my best mates are Hammers fans and I've always had a sneaking regard for them. Naturally I want us to stay up and it goes without saying that if it has to be at West Ham's expense then so be it. I hope though that we both stay up.

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree with Bing here - great set of fans. The Hammers are the closest to brothers and I suspect a lot of us have a sneaking regard for the irons. Very sad to see that the team doesn't seem to have the same committment as the fans. Even the manager can't seem to find a way to motivate the players, which is not what we come to expect from a West Ham side. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Especially after their hospitality before our eventual return home.
  • Options
    Well done those that stayed but remember all those that went at half time and those that were singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt"

And my brothers are Charlton fans.
  • Options
    I must admit I have a lot of time for West Ham fans and have a load of good mates who are Hammers.

But apart from the last 20 on Saturday I didnt think much of their support.

I think one of the Sunday papers called it 'gallows support', i.e having a laugh and a sing song in times of adversity.

We did it at The Emirates, 4-0 down was the only time we made any noise.

First half when they really needed to get behind em I didnt hear a peep other than the anti stuff when we went 3-0 up.

That said, their fans dont deserve that shit a side.
  • Options
    OK Henry, a bad choice of relation - 2nd cousins any better?? I think (hope) you got what I meant - what I was getting at is that of all the other clubs in the Prem, we probably have the closest affinity to W.Ham...
  • Options
    just about to send them the red red robin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Well done those that stayed but remember all those that went at half time and those that were singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt"

Some fans went at half time. Most stayed. They may have sung "your not fit". No disgrace there. Didn't Charlton fans chant the same in the Wycombe game? I am not by nature a booer but fans are entitled to express their frustration at players, managers or (shock horror, Directors). I would have been struggling to keep singing and clapping if Charlton had put in such an inept and spineless performance in a game of such huge importance. I think the majority of West Ham fan's who stayed were true football fans and I salute them.
  • Options
    how many of us would be left there at the final whistle and down 4-0?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Going by Spuds away this season very few!

I stayed until the bitter end but there were not many left!
  • Options
    id have long gone, back into the pub where my time woudl be more better spent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where is Mortain today, anyway? Taking his jacket to the dry-cleaners, perhaps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]how many of us would be left there at the final whistle and down 4-0?

Precisely!!
  • Options
    with 5 mins to go, the rate the west ham fans were walking out was about the same rate as those from the east, west and upper north started to spill out.

how people couldn't stay an extra few mins to give the boys a clap i'll never know!!
  • Options
    Thats right Suzy, in fact our fans were leaving after the last goal and the Hammers fan's chanted " we can see you sneaking out". It made me laugh at the time but I really get shagged off by people leaving early. There were blokes behind me saying that they were going to go to beat the traffic. Why? If you don't like traffic, stay at home and watch the south east asia Sky feed on pirate TV. I wanted to cheer the players off. I can just about understand depressed West Ham fan's sneaking out but Charlton fans????
  • Options
    I couldn't hear the West Ham fans on Saturday, even when they were giving it the dancing stuff.
  • Options
    I was in the East Stand block D and I could here a lot of Hammers singing and clapping, although I'll admit I couldn't make out the words sometimes. I just think it depends on where you are sitting. I remember the play off final and commenting to a mate who watched on tele that the Mackems seemed very quiet and we completely out sung them. He said from the television, it appeared that the ground was full of Mackems. I remember the Newcastle cup replay a few years ago. My impression being at the game was that we completely out sung them, yet the TV showed something else. My conclusion is that when you are in a noisy crowd, the sound of your own fans around you completely drowns out the opposition.
  • Options
    I was sat in the East for a change, block B so nr. Jimmy Seed stand - West Ham fans sounded much louder than us from there, so agree, depends where you are.
  • Options
    I never get that, why do people want to leave early when were winning???

Do they do the same thing with sex??
  • Options
    maybe they were all on a promise....?
  • Options
    LOL must have been!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The east end would have been rocking on Sat night then
  • Options
    Why do people leave early full stop...watch the entertainment, then when the players come round to thank us after the game (win or lose - Matty Holland again showing how professional he is...) they are greeted with empty seats or the backs of supporters as they walk out - must seem really worthwhile to them...

Do these people also arrive very early to beat the traffic?
  • Options
    Was gutted ollie said you couldn't hear us in the north upper.
    Was loads of "we are west hams claret & blue army" jumping up anddown going mental.

Someone has to do something to keep some pride in things west ham, the players clearly aren't.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    i was in lower west and didn't think west ham found their voice till 4-0.

in the first half charlton were very loud and i couldn't think of a song from the hammers.second half for first 20 minutes it seemed like no one was singing,disappointed that we weren't giving it.then at 4-0 "you don't know what you're doing " "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and then "we are west ham's claret and blue army".only sporadically did i hear us sing again.though the whole ground sang "super,super al" and that was immense.

fans who leave early should not moan at players who don't give their all.
  • Options
    There was quite a lot of "bubbles" in the first half. Certainly from about 15 mins in the second half, West Ham kept up an almost constant chant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]Was gutted ollie said you couldn't hear us in the north upper.
    Was loads of "we are west hams claret & blue army" jumping up anddown going mental.

Someone has to do something to keep some pride in things west ham, the players clearly aren't.

Interesting chant I thought. We not Alan C's Claret and Blue...etc? Has he not won you over yet? ;-)