Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League Cup Renamed

The Football League has agreed a new four year title sponsorship for its showpiece cup competition, the League Cup, with leading UK credit card company Capital One.

From the start of the 2012/13 season, the 52-year-old knockout competition - one of the domestic game's three major honours - will be titled the Capital One Cup.

Football League Chief Commercial Officer, Richard Heaselgrave said: "This is terrific news for clubs and a great way to conclude what has been a memorable domestic football season.

"I am absolutely delighted to welcome Capital One to working with The Football League, our clubs and those of the Premier League. They're a hugely respected company that really impressed us with a passion and excitement for the competition so we can't wait to build a successful, innovative partnership over the next four seasons.

"The Capital One Cup is in great shape having been re-invigorated in recent seasons by a number of memorable finals, some thrilling midweek cup football and a first glimpse of the stars of the future."

Brian Cole, Chief Executive of Capital One UK said: "We are very excited about getting behind the Capital One Cup and working with The Football League, the clubs, the players and the fans to build something amazing.

"The Capital One Cup gives clubs, big and small, a chance to compete on the national footballing stage and we look forward to introducing ourselves to millions of football fans across the country."
The draw for it is on 14th June.

football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20120601/capital-one-to-sponsor-the-league-cup_2293334_2793901

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't roll off the tongue as well as 'Carling', 'League' or 'Milk' does it?
  • Options
    Brian Cole's certainly gone up in the world since he was the pitchside announcer ;)
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    The COC

• Options
    The COC

Yep.
    Now we're up we really need to make a push for the COC this year.
  • Options
    bet ambrose cant wait to play in the COC
  • Options
    If the Bakery Marketing Board had sponsored it instead of the Milk Marketing Board, would it have been called the Bun Cup?
  • Options

The 'One cup' sounds better
  • Options
    Liverpool are the current coc holders. FACT.
  • Options
    Arsene Wenger is renowned for using the COC to try out youth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Bakery Marketing Board had sponsored it instead of the Milk Marketing Board, would it have been called the Bun Cup?
    Very good!

• Options
    Arsene Wenger is renowned for using the COC to try out youth
    I like it haha
  • Options
    On the subject of the league (or COC) cup.......is there a team that has regularly featured in the top two divisions over the last 25 years that have a worse record than us in the competition?

I can't believe there is.....anyone have these stats?
  • Options
    cocup
  • Options
    On the subject of the league (or COC) cup.......is there a team that has regularly featured in the top two divisions over the last 25 years that have a worse record than us in the competition?

I can't believe there is.....anyone have these stats?
    And is there a team who when they finally do get to a quarter final for the first and only time in their history, sack their manager and lose to a lower league team?

• Options

I'll have to bring my two girls to watch the one cup.

Two girls, one cup.
  • Options

I'll have to bring my two girls to watch the one cup.

Two girls, one cup.
    very funny! But way too far! haha