Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's in our own hands

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
I don't care how the other teams round us do over the coming weeks, all I care about is passion, work rate and a belief that we can, with our own skill and ability, get out of this mess.

If we carry on in the way we have over the past few weeks, then we will avoid relegation.

BELIEVE

Up the Addicks!

Comments

• Options
    I fully agree mate.

If Wigan string some results together then of course the bar is raised, but I firmly believe we can win AT LEAST four more matches before the Liverpool game - and if Wigan is one of those then it will go to the wire.

To be honest (I might be stupid) but if Song, DB and Young stay fit I now think we are more than capable of reaching 40 points before the Liverpool game.
  • Options
    Only four games?

Watford, Newcastle, Wigan, Man Citeh, Everton, Sheff Utd, Blackburn, Spurs. All winable if we perform as we did yesterday
  • Options
    Bang on Salad, this is all about momentum and we are the ones who look like we really have it for the moment.

Looking at the fixtures, I reckon that we can easily pull Sheffield United and Man City back into it even if Wigan keep on squeaking out their wins at home.

The ONLY game that we have left that is really unwinnable is away at Liverpool [although Blackburn and Everton away are also tough] and we have got a great chance of winning Watford (a), Newcastle (h), Wigan (h), Sheffield Utd (h), Man City (a), Reading (h), Spurs (h).

We have got a great keeper, an improving defence, a much strengthened midfield and one of the top five strikers in the division.
  • Options
    No Need To Panic Just yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite] and we have got a great chance of winning Watford (a), Newcastle (h), Wigan (h), Sheffield Utd (h), Man City (a), Reading (h), Spurs (h). quote]

Orm- Watford, Wigan and Sheffield Utd are must wins and we will need at least at least 4 or 5 points from the others and a slip up from either Wigan and or Sheffield Utd.

Still a long shot, but if we go down fighting like yesterday it will be a load less painful!
  • Options
    Agreed, but with three points [and four goals] in the bag from Saturday we now have 10 games to get 18 points seeing as 41 points SHOULD guarantee safety.

The BIG bonus is that we have only one of the "Big 8" (MU, Chelsea, Ars, L'pool) left in those 10 games so that makes it much, much more realistic.

The question is where are those points going to come from? I am tipping 5 wins (Watford, Wigan, Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Reading) and three draws (Spurs, Everton, Man City) and defeats at Blackburn and Liverpool.

Christ, I wish I had a time machine to see how this story ends!!!!