Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Swanson - Dundee United

edited May 2012 in Rumours
Heard a whisper that we are interested. He is an attacking midfielder who has already been capped by Scotland.

Out of contract.

Did a bit of google searching and sky are saying that Brighton, Peterborough and MK Dons are interested.

Don't know anything about him personally.

Comments

• Will we be his last club?
  • Only 5"6 :-)
    Says on wiki he has been speaking to Peterborough.
    Greenie that was so terrible that it actually made me chuckle!!
  • I saw Peterborough linked to him yesterday, so had a look around for some info.

The best I could find was some footage from the ever reliable youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_tqV8_jkY
  • Saw play a few times last year for Dundee and he looks s great prospect, consistency is an issue but he's got time on his side. Would be excited by this one,
  • Had some set backs over his career, born with a heart defect and had a bypass op at the age of 13. Has also suffered with a serious knee injury 5 years ago but seems to have recovered from these career threatening setbacks.

Don't really know anything about him, only from what I've seen on the youtube clip above, but looks like he's got pace and a good touch, like to take players on and can shoot from distance with both feet.

Looks very good and wouldn't be unhappy with signing him but I'll leave it to CP to decide on this one as I'm sure his scouting goes further than a youtube clip (unlike previous managers of ours alledgedly)..................................
  • I saw Peterborough linked to him yesterday, so had a look around for some info.

The best I could find was some footage from the ever reliable youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_tqV8_jkY
    on the comments section dundee fans seem to be gutted he's leaving, saying he could've been a top EPL player had it not been for his injuries early in his carreer.
  • We could do with another Danny!
  • There is no way Swanson can play.

He's in a wheelchair for Gods sake. :)
  • i've seen Swanson play a few times for Dundee Utd and he's a really good player... when he's fit. if he hadn't hadn't gotten injured last season i think he'd be joining a team like Southampton or West Brom this summer. Would love to have him at Charlton though
  • Sponsored links:

• footballleaguegossip‏@FL_rumours

Peterborough have confirmed their interest in Dundee United midfielder Danny Swanson #PUFC # rumours
  • Not bad technique for a Pub League player.
    Looks like he could do the job.

And as Bristols says, we need another Danny for our collection.
  • Think we should give it a couple of years before describing other divisions as "pub leagues" !
  • Just paraphrasing OohAah's opinion of the Scottish Premier League.

;o)
  • SunSport understands the freed Dundee United midfielder, below, will pen a two-year contract with a 12-month option to join the Championship outfit.

A switch to League One looked on the cards for Swanson last week after MK Dons wanted talks.

But Posh boss Darren Ferguson was keen to get his man after watching Swanson for nearly a year.

Ferguson pushed the boat out to land the 25-year-old, who will play behind the main striker for Peterborough.
  • SSN today saying Posh are close to a deal.
  • edited June 2012
    im a DUFC fan - this guy is great! charlton wont get him though i dont think.
  • they would be better getting johnny russell from united. he is a great player!
    Greenie that was so terrible that it actually made me chuckle!!
    Arf - took me a minute to get it!