Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy 25th Anniversary

2»

Comments

• Options
    My parents wouldn't let me go the game, so had to listen to it on the radio, with my dad sitting in his chair with his lucky hat on. Seeing as we won, I was allowed to stay up for the highlights - fumed at how biased John Helm was, but loved the scenes at the end. Given how many times we rewatched that video, I'm amazed it's still in something approaching watchable condition.
  • Options
    How do you fast forward it to extra time? Every time I tried it just restarted itself?
  • Options
    Just watched highlights on You Tube.....it ended with Leeds 1-0 up....bitter bunch those Yorkies pitty they couldn't be a 'bit' more gracious like Sunderland.
  • Options
    I still can't believe Alan Gunn gave that handball against Miller. To@@er! Typical Sussex referee (I.e. crap)
  • Options
    Watching that again was fantastic, I was posted in Germany at the time and its a great regret I wasnt there, the theme tune to the highlights program is my all time favourite sporting tune, was it Aztec Gold and used by ITV for the 86 world cup?
  • Options
    A wonderful night. Four of us jumped on a random bus after the game and I told the driver to let us off at the nearest pub a mile or so down the road. I recall the elderly couple, whose table we joined, being a little bemused by the arrival of 16 pints in one go. It was all quiet by the time we got back to New Street.

It was kind of fitting that Shirtliff got the goals. The second leg at Elland Road was his first after months out with injury and he was absolutely immense in an incredibly hostile arena.
  • Options
    How do you fast forward it to extra time? Every time I tried it just restarted itself?
    Basically you need to wait for it to download the file sufficiently to your PC. Best bet is to press play then pause and leave it to download for several minutes, and try moving it to the bit you you want to see.

• Options
    Greatest game ever FACT. I got a lift down from Uni in Sheffield with a Leeds fan having left an exam early to make sure I got there in time. My last day there, left everyone I knew on my course to go on the booze. Extraordinary night, still remember how grim St Andrews was, how many Leeds there were against how many of our lot. He waited for me to give me the agreed lift back, 25 years ago, Jesus.
  • Options
    How did you do in the Exam?