Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eurovision

C'mon, admit it...............you are watching it !!!

if so, I now think its time we pulled out of it & left it to all the Eastern Europeans !1

I actually thought we had a good chance this year - certainly should be in the top 5. Humph has done a good job & looks like he may come last !!

time to bin it !!!!!!!!

Comments

• Should bin every thing european,apart fom Yan.
  • Tbf plenty of people, including us, have voted for the pile of steaming poo that is Swedens entry.

• Should get rid of the public vote, have a music producer from each of the 42 countries there who judge the songs out of 6. Top and bottom 8 votes get cut as they will be political nonsense, winner gets the most points overall from that. Should stop the whole "hey we used to be part of the same country" bullshit
  • Chucked a score on Sweden. Only because it went even money on betfair, not
    a clue otherwise
  • Wife is forcing me to watch!
  • Typical I thought I would have reached a comfortable state of inebriation by now,unfortunately I havent managed it yet.
  • bad night for norway!
  • How did dinklebert do?
  • Second bottom with 12 points.
  • Wa-hoo!

Send Cheryl Kerl next year!
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon that the winner of X Factor should be made to represent the UK in the following year's Eurovision. Dinglebert was truly awful.
  • I reckon that the winner of X Factor should be made to represent the UK in the following year's Eurovision. Dinglebert was truly awful.
    Or the winner of Britains Got Talent!

The Hump did the best he could with an awful song. Listen to the last 20 seconds and you realize what a powerful voice he still has. Why didn't they use it?
    Very good idea - we won't get any more votes though. England - the Millwall of Europe.
  • The winning 'song' was surely an Ibiza retro from around 1995 ?
  • It started in the 50's as a 'song' contest and although there was the odd political bit of voting it has since turned in to a political tool for former eastern european countries, basically it is a farce. It is also corrupt and the BBC chuck our money in to it. My understanding was that the bottom few countries are supposed to drop out the following year and wait for there turn again. We have finished almost bottom every year since the Eastern countries were allowed in and yet we stay in, why because we put our money up while others don't.

Didn't watch the actual program but unintentionally caught Sweden singing after there win, I have know idea if it was the best song, but to be honest you could have played any junk disco song and you wouldn't know the difference.

Lots of people obviously still watch it and if it was still 'FAIR' including the financing then it wouldn't bother me.

Even if we had a great song sung by the best artist ever we still wouldn't win it.

My view, Scrap it.
  • Did anyone REALLY believe that a dated 1960s style loung lizard ballad crooned by an orange coloured septuagenarian botoxman from Las Vegas would win ? .. Anyway, Europeans have awful tastes in music, how Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Liszt and Abba ever got a gig is beyond my ken.
  • Not quite right Striker, Germany, France, UK and Spain automatically get to the final because, as you rightly say the majority of funding comes from these four countries. The Sweden song is your typical x factor teenage girl middle aged bored housewife song, and as the majority of people who are stupid enough to vote fit that demographic, no wonder even the UK votes for bland forgettable tripe.

Should we carry on joining in and funding the "second and third division countries bit of fun at the big boys expense", we should demand that we get ten minutes of time during the judging procedure to berate, insult and ridicule the insular and quite frankly sad voting for the neighbours that goes on in eastern Europe and Scandanavia. Countries that hate each other the rest of the year, oddly?

Johnny 73, you are married to the wrong person. Get out now!!!!!!!
  • Algarveaddick thanks for stating the whole financing format, interesting that Spain are wasting money they can't afford. Mind you they will get it back off the IMF.

• Sad that I know that though...
  • Just to say, although you're right that the UK will never a have a chance due to politics, the last three winner have been Sweden, Germany and Azerbaijan, none of which have more than 2/3 borders. I think a genuinely good song with a big performance, would see the UK finish in the top 5, remember they did finish 5th a few years ago!
  • Sponsored links:

• Apart from the actual music I quite enjoy watching it although not all of it. It's car crash tv at its best.
  • Just to say, although you're right that the UK will never a have a chance due to politics, the last three winner have been Sweden, Germany and Azerbaijan, none of which have more than 2/3 borders. I think a genuinely good song with a big performance, would see the UK finish in the top 5, remember they did finish 5th a few years ago!
    recheck that Atlas Fred !
  • It's the best night of telly of the year for the homosexual community . A bit like cup final day used to be for footy fans. If it was scrapped can you imagine the anger....
  • Watched the last hour or so just as Jedward were getting into their non-synchronised act and hadn't laughed that hard since a few hours before when the Huddersfield and Sheffield game went to pens. You can sit there and pretty much guess every countries votes. Would have been funny if Greece won it!
  • I liked the Humps song and thought it was the best one by far, although he didn't sing it quite as well as i thought he would - he'd have done a lot better if he'd come on later in the evening.
  • We'd have finished near the bottom if Lennon and McCartney had written the song. We are the Millwall of Europe................no one likes us, we don't care!
  • Just found out the Swedish tune has already been a hit in many countries, number one in five. On that basis I suggest we do actually enter a Lennon and McCartney track, and see what the reaction is...
  • the last three winner have been Sweden, Germany and Azerbaijan, none of which have more than 2/3 borders.
    Apart from Azerbaijan which borders 4 countries.

Oh and Germany
    Countries bordering Germany.

•Denmark
    •Poland
    •Czech Republic
    •Austria
    •Switzerland
    •France
    •Luxembourg
    •Belgium
    •The Netherlands

but other than that completely accurate.
  • Enter someone like Labrinth, he's got a better chance than most
    recheck that Atlas Fred !
    Haha, obviously Germany has more borders, but then they're not as involved in the 'voting to and from your neighbours' stuff. Norway won it a few years ago as well, I'm pretty sure their only border is with Sweden!