Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England V Norway

Comments

• Nothing could improve this lot I am afraid even full squad we are a poor team imo , it was very boring I accept players are missing but it is played so slow is go as far as saying it was a great goal from young but it was cack and hard to watch
  • Swerve I am with you, if people "dont like the national team" then look at the would yas instead, its an England thread so not sure reaction people want? Well done for disliking England?

I follow them and my club, its through choice and very happy with any away win and a clean sheet. Well done England and well done Roy Hogson. Next stop Ukraine for a very tough game against a good French side in a major tournament, whats not to like?
  • I am a country over club fan, I would rather have a successful England than a club, I just find watching England very very boring and have done for the last 4 years ,
  • Nothing could improve this lot I am afraid even full squad we are a poor team imo , it was very boring I accept players are missing but it is played so slow is go as far as saying it was a great goal from young but it was cack and hard to watch
    But maybe cack and hard to watch will get results? I've always been a believer that the English/Premiership style of play is far too high paced for international competition.

I guess it comes down to whether people prefer being entertained to winning at all costs
  • Thats fair enough NLA and it is hard at times being motivated by some of their antics and attitudes, I will always follow them despite the personalities however and have done home and away since Germany in 88

I was just intruiged by some of the posts on here, for instance, I have never watched boxing or played poker so I dont post on those threads as I would would have absolutely nothing of any value to contribute and by popping up on the Karl Froch post and saying "I hope no-one wins as I dont watch Boxing" would just be a little weird and piss off those of you who genuinly follow and understand it...
  • I agree with all that , I hope I shake the way I feel because right now I ain't looking forward to the euros normally by now I am buzzing over them

Watch the fight it will be quality

• The most depressing win i can remember.

Looking at that team sheet makes me want to weep.

Looking at that team sheet makes me want to weep.</blockquote

Slight overreaction ?
  • edited May 2012
    The most depressing win i can remember.

no. Just my opinion. Downing , Carroll , Henderson , Green , Kelly , Barry etc... to say these players are average is being extremely kind.

no. Just my opinion. Downing , Carroll , Henderson , Green , Kelly , Barry etc... to say these players are average is being extremely kind.
    usually save my tears for QF and semi defeats rather than meaningless warm up games

• Sponsored links:

• I wish we were more like Netherlands (lost to Bulgaria at home) or Germany (conceded 5 against Switzerland)

usually save my tears for QF and semi defeats rather than meaningless warm up games

With that squad a quarter or Semi final will be extremely unlikely. I hope i'm wrong.
  • edited May 2012
    Me too mate; one of the biggest misnomers in football is that actual England supporters think we will win everything. We all travel with hope rather than expectation but never reported as it doesn't fit the mould.
  • I wish we were more like Netherlands (lost to Bulgaria at home) or Germany (conceded 5 against Switzerland)
    Yes I would as they will be there or there abouts come the Euro's... England have two hopes.
  • Bad night for Norway. Lost to one of the worse England sides ever AND the only country to finish below us in Eurovision.
  • Joe Hart and Ashley Cole are the only world class players England have.
    Bit generous to Joe Hart there
  • Who cares if our players are thought of being suddenly 'average'.

What have we won in the last 56 years anyway? Could it be worse?
  • Awful team if u ask me...
    We didn't
    Oooh ... No need to get upset mate...

Bit generous to Joe Hart there
    Well there's Wayne Rooney, but...
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to watch Greyhound Derby Final and backed the winner at 7-1
  • Hodgson puts out dour teams that are hard to beat. If England have aspirations to have success in a major tournament, unfortuantely, this is the way they have to play. So I found the performance encouraging.
  • 6 wide players, most of them on the pitch at the same time. No wonder we couldn't control the game. Seconf half Norway looked the most likely.

• I've got money on 1-0 to Norway and also 1-1.
    Probably the worst England team i've ever seen.
    Genius...

• Downing and henderson complete pile of shit, and Milner ain't far off them,
    Look forward to seeing you run rings around them...
  • I am a country over club fan, I would rather have a successful England than a club, I just find watching England very very boring and have done for the last 4 years ,
    You know what mate, we don't agree on everything, but most of the time I wonder if we were separated at birth...
  • Hopefully Hodsgon crashes and burns!
    Why?
    Don't like Hodsgon and don't like national team

I don't like you.
  • No, you said they are a complete pile of shit smiffy. I would have all of them in the Charlton team. Now whether they are good enough for England is a different matter. In all honesty I agree with you on that.
  • edited May 2012
    Algarveaddick didn't say I was better than them, but don't think they should be playing for England nowhere near good enough. Downing and Henderson both played regularly for Liverpool no wonder king kenny got sacked and when did Milner last play for city.
    Milner played 35 times for City this season.

And 41 times the season before.