Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Decent Bars in Central Nottingham

Of to the Froch fight on Saturday.

We're staying near the Lace Market and looking for some recommendations for places for 8 blokes to drink - nowhere too poncey and needs to be somewhere showing the Englnd game in the evening.

Any suggestions (that isn't Hooters)?

Thanks

Comments

• The Wetherspoons there is meant to be decent at weekends, and showed football when I was there.
  • Hooters
  • Got yo be Ye Olde Trip. Even if you're not into real ale, it's a must to pop in for one just to see the place.
  • There is a Walkabout in the town centre which should be showing the football and also a pub called the bank on market square will be showing it I would have thought.
  • Used to live there whilst I was at uni. Walkabout was good for football. Malt cross was really nice place just for a drink. there are a few bars around the Market square that will definitely be showing the match.
  • the porcupine ;)
  • Don't know the name of the place but there is a bar that has tons of cider next to Rock City, fairly cheap, had sport on and the bar staff are very easy on the eye.
  • I heard that Hooters went bust.
  • I heard that Hooters went bust.
    It all went tits up for them.
  • Used to live there whilst I was at uni. Walkabout was good for football. Malt cross was really nice place just for a drink. there are a few bars around the Market square that will definitely be showing the match.
    We're off there this weekend for a stag do actually, seeing the cricket Friday then on the lash all of Saturday. Any recommendations on bars n clubs to hit in the evening? Not fussed about watching the game - We'll be in Hooters while it's on!
  • Sponsored links:

• When I was last there, it's not as simple as finding a decent pub, everyone has a quick drink and then off to the next. There is as much banter in the streets as in the bars. Echo Stig with the Olde Trip.