Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Newcastle

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Penalty for Newcastle, Solano takes, Solano misses

Comments

• Options
    arses 1-0
  • Options
    Come on Parker. do your stuff.
  • Options
    FFS

Face it though, the Geordies are the ultimate let-down team...
  • Options
    s**t.....

BUT play like we did yesterday and get a few wins together and suddenly things change. If we focus on ourselvesand keep the drive we will heap pressure on people around us... its all about our results....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]its all about our results....

Not all the time we're 3 or 6 points behind them it isn't....
  • Options
    sure I appreciate that.....

I just think that if we focus on ourselves and get some realy solid results then there will be a team that colapses there is always a team that falls into this.... particularly if a few at the bottom hit a bit of form and start to rack some points up like wigan and ourselves(hopefully) ........

I appreciate there is a big difference between 3 and 6 points.....

We just need a run ........
  • Options
    Fecking Geordies......
  • Options
    Six bookings to Wigan players...surely one of them will either turn into a double yellow or take the player to five bookings and be suspended for our match?
  • Options
    Dont the yellows also get reset this weekend :(
  • Options
    So Wigan win, hope the Geordies are as brittle when they come to us on 17th March. Looks like we need to win 8 more games to be sure....easy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The six point gap stays and goal difference between Wigan & Charlton is back to 8 goals in Wigan's favour.
  • Options
    Bummer. Thats put a bit of a downer on things but hopefully the confidence that the team will take from their last three performances we will go on to win every single game we have!
  • Options
    I posted it a couple of weeks back, and I still think that Sheffield Utd are the team that will be caught (if any).
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Bummer. Thats put a bit of a downer on things but hopefully the confidence that the team will take from their last three performances we will go on to win every single game we have![/quote]

My view entirely B
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    We just have to do what we can do - if we can win our share of games then there will be a few teams dragged into it - teams are not at the bottom of the division because they win every week.

Actually. looking at the fictures - not only do we play both Wigan and Sheffield at at home but they also have still got to play each other - now it's an obvious statement, but both of those sides cannot win that game - one of them will definitely lose one of their "winable" games.

So - 3 points we can take off them both ourselves and 3 points that one of them will lose from a winable game - a 6 and 7 point gap can close very quickly indeed!
  • Options
    They are 7 points ahead of us, but Sheff Utd have got an absolute stinker of a fixture list in March.

If we do our bit and put the points on the board, we could be level or even above them by the time April kicks in.

The crazy thing is, in their last 6 matches, Sheff Utd have to play Man Utd, WHam, Charlton, Watford, Villa, and Wigan.

They can't afford to drop points anywhere.
  • Options
    Trying to look on the bright side we've gained 3 goals on Wigan and are no worse off pointswise.

Bring on the Watford!!
  • Options
    Its all Scottie Parker's fault....fecking Geordies.....
  • Options
    I'm sure if Wigan can beat the useless geordies at home then so can we,i really fancy us to stay up after yesterdays performance and just hope we can produce the goods on the pitch and in the stands for the rest of the season.The atmosphere was top notch yesterday and i wish it could be like that for every home game,as it should be.
  • Options
    I think you need more than 38 points this year to stay up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't need to beat ourselves up over the Wigan result , this has been a fantastic weekend for us - the team have shown they have the quality and the belief to fight their way out of this mess, we could still well go down but it won't be without a fight and quite a few more wins on the way.

If Wigan string some results together then of course the bar is raised, but I firmly believe we can win AT LEAST four more matches before the Liverpool game - and if Wigan is one of those then it will go to the wire.

To be honest (I might be stupid) but if Song, DB and Young stay fit I now think we are more than capable of reaching 40 points before the Liverpool game.

So there!

And if Wigan do too, then Sheffield United had better watch out!!

Alan Pardew's red and white army!