Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Ince

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
Now Blackpool have failed bounce back to the Premier league with Ince in the side, unless a newly promoted PL team wants to take a risk on him, I can somehow see SCP luring him down the valley. Well I hope so anyway he is a very good player at Championship level and I think he would fit in very well at Charlton.

Comments

• Options
    No chance. What about that Lahm as backup for Solly?
  • Options
    No chance. What about that Lahm as backup for Solly?
    Good call, we've already got the kit in his size.
  • Options
    some people really do like to dream....
  • Options
    Absolutely no chance of Tom Ince coming to Charlton. That boy is a future England international & I expect to see him playing week in, week out in the premier league very soon
  • Options
    As soon as I saw the thread title, my heart sank knowing that someone thought we might sign a player like this.

With some of the comments in the Michael Owen thread, silly season really has begun!
  • Options
    In the Michael Owen thread I dismissed the idea as that was ridiculous.

This is different as Ince is certainly not proven at PL level.

Taarbrat and ebanks-blake? stood out in the championship but next to nothing in the Premier league.

Ince is still young. Can you garuntee that a PL manager will take a risk on him in the summer. Perhaps likley but not certain.

If he was THAT good would Liverpool have sold him? Surely they would have just loaned him out to get games with his 'potential'.
  • Options
    i admire your optimism
  • Options
    Dave2l - liverpool did not want rid, he demanded to leave to play first team football and do so with the certainty of a permanent contract
  • Options
    Even so, would he really leave Blackpool for us? I don't think so to be honest.
  • Options

If he was THAT good would Liverpool have sold him? Surely they would have just loaned him out to get games with his 'potential'.
    Please understand this is a club that spent £55 million on Carroll and Downing. I don't think they really have any decent idea about what makes a decent player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentaddick beat me to it
  • Options

Please understand this is a club that spent £55 million on Carroll and Downing. I don't think they really have any decent idea about what makes a decent player
    And don't start JJS prefering Spearing or Henderson. Clueless.

Can't see Ince staying, he will be in demand. If we have the balls to be in for him I'd be delighted.
  • Options
    He caused Wet Spam plenty of problems yesterday.
  • Options
    Ince has great potential but is totally unproven in the premier league. A Wigan or a Norwich may well see fit to take a chance on him but if we are as well backed financially as some suggest we may be in a position to compete for a player like Ince. He does, after all, play for a less well supported and likely financially weaker club than us. We would also likely offer the better chance of regular first team football than a premiership team that will continue his development. We certainly wouldn't be favourites but the way some of you are talking you'd think the original post was suggesting we bid for Robben now Bayern have lost the champions league again. I do hope Powelly isn't so defeatist because imho to improve this side properly Ince us just the type and standard of player we need to be looking for.
  • Options
    Ince has looked class when I've seen him play but we have no chance of signing him. : (
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I do hope Powelly isn't so defeatist because imho to improve this side properly Ince us just the type and standard of player we need to be looking for.
    Completely agree EA.
    I'm fed up reading we should buy this or that League 1 player.
    We already have a squad of league 1 players albeit we hope/expect to step up to the next level - it would be nice to supplement/improve the squad with some 'bigger fish'
  • Options
    why would Ince leave a team who have just got into the play off final and will probably be strong again next season for a club who has just come up?
  • Options
    We are the future, Mike ;-)
  • Options
    Blackpool's a dump. I think he'll stay there next season, still well funded from parachute payments and starts games. I don't think he's that good YET anyway. Looking forward to seeing who CP goes for first. I have no idea what pond we're fishing in for this season.
  • Options
    why would Ince leave a team who have just got into the play off final and will probably be strong again next season for a club who has just come up?
    Exactly my thoughts.

It's worth a shot if we've got the cash but I'd be highly surprised if Ince even considered the move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ince isn't just a 'bigger fish'. He's probably the most talked about prospect in the whole of the Championship at this very minute.

Going after him would be a great waste of time unless we have millions and millions (which we don't, before anyone comes out and says we do).
  • Options
    Can't we just go back to a rumours thread. This is not even a rumour just pie in the sky.
  • Options
    As Bayern lost last night maybe we can convince Ribery to come to us.
  • Options
    Crikey you lot are defeatist. No it's not a likely signing but then it's not impossible either. Let's not forget we all thought we didn't have a chance at Wiggins as Championship Watford were after him, and look where he ended up. At least we're in the same league as Blackpool. Sure Blackpool got to the Playoffs but they have a small fanbase and a small stadium making them the kind of team where one very bad transfer window could see them flirting with relegation, so they're hardly some impregnable powerhouse. The amount of snide comments on here, we might be in for a miserable summer on this board
  • Options
    Sorry but the Wiggins transfer was nowhere near as improbable as Ince. Infact, I would say it is near enough impossible because of the transfer fee!
  • Options
    Okay, Tom Ince a 20 year old with a year left on hes contract with Blackpool.

It would be much better for him to earn the right to play in the premierleague via promotion then to be snapped up by, for example, Everton who, like Jermaine beckford, would probably get sold back to a lower division club when he isnt playing week in week out.

Scott Sinclair had a great season with Swansea because he was one of the main figures, unlikely to be dropped because he helped them get to the PL (still considering their finances they prob couldnt do better). Ince would stand out alot more and attract much better attention from, e.g. Man United if he got promoted with an ambitious club (like ourselves) and show the premier league what he is made of in that 1st season.

Paul Ince would obviously advise him well in terms of his career, and in my opinion staying in the championship for at least another year would be the best decision, even if he was to stay with Blackpool.

Think Charlton are a more attractive club to play for then Blackpool at the moment for a few reasons. London, Chris Powell (probably has good relations with Paul Ince too), where on the up (consider Norwich, soton double promotion) and we have award winning top quality training facilities, and lets face it we are probably just better for more reasons I cant be bothered to explain.
  • Options
    FFS it's not even a rumour. Just a poster saying what a good player Ince is. I doubt he's even on SCP's famous radar.
  • Options
    do you think we have the 4mil (im guessing) to buy him for?
  • Options
    What transfer fee would that be? How can anyone know the transfer fee? Anyway, my point with Wiggins wasn't to say they were the same, it was to illustrate the fact that it's daft to say a signing will or won't happen based on pure conjecture. Seemed everyone stuck the boot in a bit hard on this one. Off the back of recent seasons where we've signed Djimi Traore and Paddy McCarthy I'm happy to read threads where we're talking about decent players
  • Options
    I doubt we'd spend 4mill on any one player for the championship. My guess is the policy will be fairly similar to last but a couple of players with champ experience. I.e mid 20's, cheap, hungry, potential. Only guessing.