Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

anyone notice

edited May 2012 in Not Sports Related
the advertisements on the BBC website. i think its ludicrous.

call me sad, but i cant tell you how angry that makes me feel. so not only are they getting tv licences fees from us (including me who hasnt got a pot to piss in), but they are also raking it in from advertisements

Comments

• adverts?
  • Shouldn't be, suspect you are viewing the international version that is funded by advertising.
  • None on the .Co.Uk website.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ top right hand corner

or is this the international version?
  • Are you sure you just haven't still got the 'Curry's' sticker on your monitor?
  • No adverts there for me. Are you able to take a screenshot so I can see what you mean?! I'm very curious.
  • edited May 2012
    Are you using a Proxy or VPN? If you don't know what they are, then probably not :P But to check - http://whatismyipaddress.com/ - where on the map are you? However, you've posted a bbc.co.uk link - so I assume that's not the issue.

All UK users get automatically forwarded to .co.uk (even if you try and visit .com by typing it in) - and .com is the only one backed by advertising I think. If not, you may want to scan your computer for adware. (Ad-Aware is free and will let you do that)

Perhaps post up a screen shot?
  • The Olympics logo ?
  • ive attached a screen shot
    bbc.png 414.2K
  • I haven't got that - instead at that position there's a rolling list of news stories to click on to watch/listen to.
    As Lucky says - are you cloaked or anonymised?
  • Sponsored links:

• How strange. Do you use an IP clOaker that makes you appear outside our country ?
  • havent got the foggiest. all i know is that i wasnt seeing any yesterday. only from this morning
  • Yeah, I'm assuming it's the international version as it's exactly where the iPlayer/multimedia content usually is..

Did you install any new programs etc last night? If so - I haven't got a clue!
  • Are you sure you just haven't still got the 'Curry's' sticker on your monitor?
    Brilliant
  • www.bbc.co.uk, www.bbc.co.uk/news are both U.K sites your just on a different page to the main page where they have been advertising for some time now.
  • I've got adverts as well.
  • The international site has had adverts for over five years.
  • are you sure that where you live is in Britain?
  • Adverts, their everywhere now!