Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grant Holt put in transfer request at Norwich

2»

Comments

• Options
    Norwich have refused to confirm that the former Nottingham Forest forward has asked to leave the club. But BBC Radio Norfolk has learned of his surprise request, which comes after three years at Carrow Road in which he has helped them into the top flight.

So maybe there's no truth in this and it's just some journo making up his own headlines.....................
  • Options
    Norwich have refused to confirm that the former Nottingham Forest forward has asked to leave the club. But BBC Radio Norfolk has learned of his surprise request, which comes after three years at Carrow Road in which he has helped them into the top flight.

So maybe there's no truth in this and it's just some journo making up his own headlines.....................
    Would imagine it's true as Norwich haven't denied it though

• Options
    West Ham, Spurs, Everton, Villa, Swansea; that level of side could well be interested. We will see
    There is a rumour that Southampton made a bid which Norwich turned down. Holt got the hump about not being able to talk to the Saints and put in the transfer request.

It's a decent opportunity for Holt to get himself a new deal - with Norwich or whoever he joins.

• Options
    Don't know the figures but have had Holt in my fantasy team since week one and it seemed he started a lot of games this year from the bench. All the more impressive that he scored what he did but at his age maybe he wants to be first choice somewhere rather than warming the bench?
  • Options
    I think it stinks !! Obviously been tapped up , otherwise why put in a transfer request ? Norwich have made him - it it wasn't for them he'd be playing League 2 football with the Shrews (now League One as I believe they got promoted ) and be on about £2k a week.

No loyalty at all - with Norwich he has played at the top level and now probably on a decent wedge (£10k /wk). If I were Norwich I would bring in a new striker to replace him, but then leave him to play for the reserves !! that would teach him.
  • Options
    I think it stinks !! Obviously been tapped up , otherwise why put in a transfer request ? Norwich have made him - it it wasn't for them he'd be playing League 2 football with the Shrews (now League One as I believe they got promoted ) and be on about £2k a week.

No loyalty at all - with Norwich he has played at the top level and now probably on a decent wedge (£10k /wk). If I were Norwich I would bring in a new striker to replace him, but then leave him to play for the reserves !! that would teach him.
    What tosh. He is a goalscorer and I doubt if Norwich hadn't picked him up he would be languishing in division two. As for loyalty well he's not getting any younger and I reckon he can get one last decent payday. Why not.
  • Options
    I'm going to take a random guess of him going to everton if he moves on
  • Options
    are everton really going to pay him much more than Norwich?
  • Options
    Not sure. Just my guess
  • Options
    Not that I know but if they payed him 2k a week more that's 104k a year on a shall we say 2.5 year deal........that's a cool quarter of a million.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His last chance for a big pay day.
  • Options
    An interesting one. As others have said, he must have been tapped up and be expecting a large signing-on fee. Otherwise why blow his cut of the transfer fee together with whatever "loyalty" bonuses are built into his contract?
  • Options
    This is "a friend of a friend" stuff so don't jump down my throat!

BUT one of my daughters is in Norwich and she has a friend who is friendly with another Norwich player.

Holt allegedly has always wanted to become a police officer once his playing days are done. He nearly jacked it in years back apparently but then things started happening for him at Rochdale and his football career took off.

It could just be that he feels he has now achieved all he can in football and wants to get on with the rest of his life.

I have also heard that he is not a typical "big time Charlie" type footballer, possibly because of the journey he has taken to get where he is.

Could all be bollocks of course as these things often are but worth posting I thought.
  • Options
    Tapped up? maybe, be interesting to see where he goes, would not surprise me to see him at Tottenham.
    Probably tapped us, yes...cant see him at Spurs tbh. I know we're after a couple of forwards in this window but, no offence to him intended, I would hope we're looking a level above signings like that now.
  • Options
    Tapped up? maybe, be interesting to see where he goes, would not surprise me to see him at Tottenham.
    Probably tapped us, yes...cant see him at Spurs tbh. I know we're after a couple of forwards in this window but, no offence to him intended, I would hope we're looking a level above signings like that now.
    Us looking a level above gran holt? Tell me your joking? We just got promoted from league one and a player of his calibre who clearly is an out and out goalscorer would be a major signing. Next you will be saying you want Drogba ;)
  • Options
    JohnboyUk is a Spurs fan, not an Addick hence the pic
  • Options
    JohnboyUk is a Spurs fan, not an Addick hence the pic
    Can't see the pic on my phone, but thanks :)
  • Options
    At the start of the season Holt was not automatic first choice, some of his goals came from the bench. Maybe at his age, he does not fancy a repeat as imagine Norwich will look to bring in a striker.

15 goals is very impressive, but Lambert may have a fear about second season sydrome and Holt may be a surprising victim.
  • Options
    I've lost a bit of respect over Holt for this. I mean I can't seeing him going to a top four/five club but he could go to an upper middle table team but thats where I expect Norwich to be next season.

Also he should have gone to the euros but thats another argument.
  • Options
    This is "a friend of a friend" stuff so don't jump down my throat!

BUT one of my daughters is in Norwich and she has a friend who is friendly with another Norwich player.

Holt allegedly has always wanted to become a police officer once his playing days are done. He nearly jacked it in years back apparently but then things started happening for him at Rochdale and his football career took off.

It could just be that he feels he has now achieved all he can in football and wants to get on with the rest of his life.

I have also heard that he is not a typical "big time Charlie" type footballer, possibly because of the journey he has taken to get where he is.

Could all be bollocks of course as these things often are but worth posting I thought.
    In which case why not retire rather than hand in a transfer request, which presumably means he wants a move to a bigger/better paying club.

As others have pointed out this is his last chance at a big pay day. I wonder if those who think he should stay at Norwich have ever moved to a new job because it pays better?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the Huddersfield bench today, think he could of done a job for us upfront with Igor
  • Options
    Didn't know he even signed for them!
  • Options

Didn't know he even signed for them!

I think it went through just in time for him to be registered for today's game
  • Options
    Scored a lot of goals at all levels of the game...