Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Vardy

Joins Leicester for £1m.

Comments

• Options
    Good signing for them, destroyed Ebbsfleet when i saw him.
  • Options
    Big gamble, hell of a step up from BSP to Championship but you never know.
  • Options
    boo, hiss. Would like to have seen him join us. Competition for some players is going to be strong this summer. Leicester will spend big imo.
  • Options
    Well there goes another rumor rumor classic, he's been linked with us for ages. A big gamble for Leicester though.
  • Options
    wow a lot of money for a non league player. Its one thing to destroy Ebbsfleet, its another to well against championship teams.
  • Options
    We'll take Schlupp then...
  • Options
    Also means Schlupp could be pushed down the pecking order and we could get him on loan?
  • Options
    Would leciester loan Schlupp to us? As we could be contenders in the top six.
  • Options
    Crazy!

Don't think Schlupp would join a championship side.
  • Options
    well if Vardy's gone for £1m, how much could Rhodes go for if Udders don't get promoted?

that is a hell of a lot of money for a Conference player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Schlupp will be bought by us, not a loan move.
  • Options
    Mad money, but Leicester are desperate to get up
  • Options
    The mighty Ebsfleet eh
    This signing makes Pardew look shrewd. Least we payed next to f*** all for Fleetwood!

• Options
    well if Vardy's gone for £1m, how much could Rhodes go for if Udders don't get promoted?
    blockquote>

whether Hudds go up or not expect him to sign for Fulham, around 3.75m ;-)

• Options
    Schlupp will be bought by us, not a loan move.
    I guess that would make sense!

• Options
    The only way is Schlupp!!
  • Options
    Leicester spend money like a drunken sailor on shore leave. Vardy's good but that is a risk. Mind you, Peterborough spent more than a million on Barnett from Crawley after he'd played just a handful of division 2 games
  • Options
    The mighty Ebsfleet eh
    This signing makes Pardew look shrewd. Least we payed next to f*** all for Fleetwood!

Yeah the mighty Ebbsfleet, if you had seen him that day and i dont think it matters what size the club was, he was amazing.

• Options
    Schlupp has signed a new contract at Leicester i heard
  • Options
    can I be the first to say 'oi, Powell, sort it out. We are missing out on players, left right and centre. Soon it will be just the dregs left.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two words spring to mind...'Izale' and 'Mcleod'
  • Options
    Has anyone actually seen schlupp play ? I have and don't think he's anything special everyone seems to be calling for him without any evidence to back it up maybe I'm wrong and have missed a few posts cheers
  • Options
    Jeez the world has officially gone mad - £1m for non league players.
  • Options
    The mighty Ebsfleet eh

Yeah the mighty Ebbsfleet, if you had seen him that day and i dont think it matters what size the club was, he was amazing.

i saw him that day. fantastic movement and a natural goalscorer. very impressed that’s why i put on here about him being a good buy for us.
    1 million is a fair bit though for what league he was playing in. but if he scores just half the amount of goals as he scored this season for fleetwood then he would be a steal.
  • Options
    Has anyone actually seen schlupp play ? I have and don't think he's anything special everyone seems to be calling for him without any evidence to back it up maybe I'm wrong and have missed a few posts cheers
    Seen him a couple of times and like you I was underwhelmed and didn't see what all the fuss was about...................
  • Options
    That's what I thought. Haven't seen him but the Leicester FM researcher seems to have suggested he's one those young pacey but raw strikers - don't we already have that in Haynes?

I expect to see a replacement for Hayes come in to challenge Yann. If we sign a pacey striker I would think it'll be someone proven as they'd be coming in to play ahead of both BWP and Haynes.
  • Options
    I'm guessing it's Chris Powell's Leicester connections. He's clearly not rated at Leicester, like some guy called Yann.
  • Options
    Two summers running now, Leicester have splashed the cash, last year's signings weren't very successful, this year's may be better?
  • Options
    For Stuart Fleetwood or Chris Dixson, read James Vardy. Good at Conference level but the step up to the Championship is a big one for a striker. £1m is a lot of money so time will tell if this is a success or not.
  • Options
    For Stuart Fleetwood or Chris Dixson, read James Vardy. Good at Conference level but the step up to the Championship is a big one for a striker. £1m is a lot of money so time will tell if this is a success or not.
    This. I remember being so disappointed the first time I actually saw Dickson play. From the hype I'd assumed he was the new Ian Wright.