Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the run in

forgetting the order of the games, if (praying) we beat wigan, we will be level on points with them, with us having 9 games and them 10 left to get points from.
of those remaining games we both have to go to liverpool and man city, both have home games against newcastle and spurs, and both have to play watford and sheff utd.
imo watford are doomed along with whammies, this could be so tight with us and wigan that we could end up both beating sheff utd hence bringing them into the equation. they still have to play chelsea, man u and bolton away. also if man city don't get points against us and wigan, they still have to play arsenal, liverpool, chelsea and liverpool and they too can get dragged in.

a lot of ifs and buts. have i been looking at the table too long? or has the "dragging in other teams" suddenly became a real possibility rather than a mid-season cliche?

Comments

• Options
    Agree that Man City could be vulnerable - on a poor run and with some tricky looking games coming up.
    That said, a couple of wins and they'll be as good as safe.

All we can do is pick up as many points as possible over the next three or four games and see where that takes us.
  • Options
    I think it's pretty much accepted that we need at least 38 points. Personally I think we 40 is the right aiming point. The way the fixtures fall, if we get the required points total, I think both Sheff Utd and Citeh will be below us. There will be some setbacks. According to Mark Bright on Five Live yesterday before the game, he said that he had a chat with Pard's last week and he has been trying to get the players to lift themselves after a setback and regain a winning mentality. We saw a winning mentality yesterday. I feel that as fans we have to keep being positive, whatever any individual result is for us or for the teams around us. Wigan may win today. We have 30 points up for grabs. If we play like we did yesterday, most of those games are winnable.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]forgetting the order of the games, if (praying) we beat wigan, we will be level on points with them, with us having 9 games and them 10 left to get points from.
    of those remaining games we both have to go to liverpool and man city, both have home games against newcastle and spurs, and both have to play watford and sheff utd.
    imo watford are doomed along with whammies, this could be so tight with us and wigan that we could end up both beating sheff utd hence bringing them into the equation. they still have to play chelsea, man u and bolton away. also if man city don't get points against us and wigan, they still have to play arsenal, liverpool, chelsea and liverpool and they too can get dragged in.

a lot of ifs and buts. have i been looking at the table too long? or has the "dragging in other teams" suddenly became a real possibility rather than a mid-season cliche?

That's good work PBS. I reckon we'll probably need to be cathing Sheff U and Man City myself, but it's definitely possible now!