Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Football Ground Charity Event

At the beginning of 2011 my mum had her leg amputated after having suffered MRSA since she was pregnant with me. The virus was picked up in hospital and severly affected my family's life throughout my childhood.

As a result, i am doing a charity event in order to raise money for MRSA Action UK.

Last year i planned to visit all 92 football grounds over a certain period of time. However, after planning, travel costs would have affected the money raised.

So ive decided to visit all 12 London Football Grounds and Wembley instead, there is currently no record. So me and my cousin are setting a record for others to beat, and raise money for a charity that means alot to me.

A link to the JustGiving page: http://www.justgiving.com/thelondonroadtowembley

Any donations are more than welcome. If you have any questions please do feel free to inbox me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear this. How old are you Alexander if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No Afc Wimbledon and Dagenham?

This link may help you out

http://www.fussballinlondon.de/daytour_eng.php
  • Options
    Good luck to you. I shall sponsor you when i get round to getting my purse open..
  • Options
    thanks Curb_It
  • Options
    Alex, you know you have our support- 110% plus
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    All the best Alex. So sorry to hear about what has happened to your mum. Hope we can help you reach and smash your target. Good luck, Tel
  • Options
    No Afc Wimbledon and Dagenham?

This link may help you out

http://www.fussballinlondon.de/daytour_eng.php
    AFC is not on a London postcode (KT)

• Options
    dagenham is in essex
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Why not try and get a Guinness Record and maybe dribble a football as you go? Might help raise profile a bit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe contact TFL too as they might give you free travel and help plan your route timings as would be good publicity for them.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    dagenham is in essex
    It's in the LONDON borough of Dagenham and Redbridge.

Good luck and I'll sponsor you too but if you are going to do it you need to go to all the league grounds in London not just some.

AFC Wimbledon count as well.

• Options
    It used to be in Essex, before then becoming part of London. We're going to grounds that have always been classed as London Grounds.
  • Options
    It used to be in Essex, before then becoming part of London. We're going to grounds that have always been classed as London Grounds.
  • Options
    Sorry, but I think that when and if you try and present this as a record breaking attempt people will point out the same flaw.

• Options
    It's more for charity than to break or set a record.
  • Options
    Henry McWhirter

Give the kid a break and yourself a rest !
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    have you set a date for doing this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep Wednesday 6th June
  • Options
    Good luck, let us know how you get on
  • Options
    Back from the event today. Started at Charlton at 10-40 and ended up at wembley at 22-03. £326 raised so far. Would be great to push it up a little even after the event! Pictures will follow shortly, and I have a feeling I'll be popular when you see the few surprise posters I've left at selhurst park!
  • Options
    Well done Alexander. I will make a donation when I get back in the country.
  • Options
    Times for yesterday:
    1. Charlton 10-40
    2. Millwall 11-32
    3. Crystal Palace 12-25
    4. West Ham 13-40
    5. Leyton Orient 14-35
    6. Tottenham 15-43
    7. Arsenal 16-10
    8. Barnet 17-20
    9. QPR 19-15
    10. Fulham 19-30