Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Merv

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Desreves credit for applauding the home fans at the end of what for him must have been a painful experience. His more illustrious, and more popular in SE7, boss could learn a thing or two about sportsmanship from him.

Comments

• Options
    Tell you what though, seeing him standing there on the touchline nodding to everything that Curbs said made me remember what a big gormless lump he is!

Fair play if he clapped our fans though - never saw it meself.
  • Options
    He stopped at the end of the tunnel and applauded the covered end, whilst Curbs just legged it down the tunnel without even a raised hand.
  • Options
    Felt it was a bit harsh some giving him stick. Never understood how he received so much criticism when no-one knew what work he did behind the scenes whether good or bad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimbrannin[/cite]Felt it was a bit harsh some giving him stick. Never understood how he received so much criticism when no-one knew what work he did behind the scenes whether good or bad.

Totally agree, he came in for it because he was an easy target.
  • Options
    Bing what do you mean an easy target?

Big and fat?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Bing what do you mean an easy target?

Big and fat?

It could be but I would be being hypocritical as I too am big and fat.....:-)

What I mean is that Curbs was always the front man and was able to explain his actions etc and stand up for himself. He was also viewed by many as not being able to do much wrong (including me on occasions).

Because of this when things didn't go right it was very easy to pick on Merv rather than Curbs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Bing what do you mean an easy target?

Big and fat?

Big Merv ain't that big........SuperKev tried shooting practice at him once - and missed.