Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

getting a season ticket

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
was looking at getting season tickets back for next year after about 7 years away what the best think to do go down to the box office ring then can i even get a season ticket so early to next year any help would be greatful thank you

Comments

• Options
    DRFDRF
    edited May 2012
    We just need your bank account number and sort code. Thank you please.
  • Options
    Season Tickets have sold out for 2012/13. You need to enter the ballot at the end of next season to even have a sniff of one for 2013/14. Good Luck.
  • Options
    League One wasn't good enough for you then?
  • Options
    I understand that there is now a 5 year waiting list which will only be resolved when we move to our new 40,000 seat stadium!!!
  • Options
    was looking at getting season tickets back for next year after about 7 years away what the best think to do go down to the box office ring then can i even get a season ticket so early to next year any help would be greatful thank you
    If you have means of paying, you can sort it, over the phone or in person. They are on sale now.
  • Options
    League One wasn't good enough for you then?
    Was not good enough for me! Now a season ticket holder once more
  • Options
    why can't anyone give a serious answer? yes mate just call the club they'll help you
  • Options
    I did.
  • Options
    why can't anyone give a serious answer? yes mate just call the club they'll help you
    My answer was serious.
  • Options
    cheers covered end and frontline9 giving them a call today to sort it out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    cheers covered end and frontline9 giving them a call today to sort it out
    Don't be put off by some of the silly poster's westie456. They just have a misguided sense of pride for the club. We welcome every Charlton fan, whether new or old, or black or white. The team is as much yours as it is ours.

Welcome back :)
  • Options
    cheers will be good to get back there hopefully im not bad luck for the team next year ;)
  • Options
    Upper Covered End with the rest of the Yoof ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Welcome back Westie!
  • Options
    Welcome back sir, I'm another returnee, signed up for my first season ticket since 2005.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I may be doing this too if my move back to London from Cornwall comes off. I suppose moving to Cornwall is not a good enough excuse for handing back my season ticket just before we dropped out of the premier league for you REAL fans. Just another plastic glory hunter.

What we should have is a comittee of REAL fans who should get to decide who is worthy of holding a season ticket and excluding all those who don't meet their standards. Being only 10 years old won't qualify as a good enough reason for not already having one, nor will having had to spend all your earnings on vital and expensive medical treatment or having lived in Australia for the last few years. I can hear the roar of the crowd now as we terrify the opposing fans with the passionate comittment of the 50 people in the home stands.
  • Options
    I've never even had a ST!
    Proper plastic me.
    :D
  • Options
    A fan is a fan in my book. No one has to justify why they do or don't buy a ST to anyone but themselves IMHO.

Remember the parable of the prodigal son who was welcomed back by his father with a feast.

The more the merrier I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbmB9ztRAFs&feature=related
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I disagree....In my opionion the people who have spent all their time and money every weekend following the club home and away (ie the ISaws, FODs etc) up and down the country have been probably better "supporters" of the club than me who did the homes and the odd aways.

I would like to think that I have been a better supporter of the club for continuing to pump cash into the club and attend games to support the team through the bad years than the yuppie who moves into Greenwich and decides to purchase a season ticket when we get back to the Premiership before buggering off again when it goes tits up.

• Options
    Oh you are a plonker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Read the 3rd, 4th and 5th words of my post numb nuts.
  • Options
    My concern is simply with his inability to think of phoning the ticket office directly.

I like to think our fans are a cut about on the intelligence scale...
  • Options
    My concern is simply with his inability to think of phoning the ticket office directly.

I like to think our fans are a cut about on the intelligence scale...
    and that is before we start on his lack of punctuation

• Options
    wow u guys are proper nice people :/
  • Options
    I'd like to publicly apologise for not having a season ticket for the last couple of years due to being unemployed for most of that time. I'm not sure I am worthy enough to hold a season ticket now, given that transgression, but I have applied to the club so it is up to them as to whether or not they will accept me back.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    My post isnt a dig at anyone particularly not people who cant afford to go to games or moved away have other commitments etc. I have myself financial constraints and commitments meaning i cant get to most away games added to apathy some weeks where you just dont fancy it.

Was more pointing out that its a bizarre coincidence that we have averaged 16k/17k this past couple of years and that the 10k that have stayed away since the Premiership years surely cant all have mitigating circumstances for being awol other than not being bothered about supporting the club outside the glory league.

Anyway at the end of the day who gives a monkey's what some tit you don't know off the internet thinks about your Charlton credentials. The more money going into the club and more voices getting behind the team on the merrier.

Let's all just enjoy Friday afternoon and play nicely.
  • Options
    But the club advertised come see Premiership games at silly prices. You knew there were a lot of floating fans that would disappear as soon as the good times went. I know of at least 4 people with season tickets who weren't really fans.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Agreed Curb it. My point was that I dont believe that all "fans" of clubs are equal in their support of the clubs.

No way that the Millwall bandwagon jumpers who show up for the play off finals are as dedicated in their support for Victimwall as the 8k or so that follow them week in week out for example.
  • Options
    My comment was tongue-in-cheek Rodders. I agree with your "tits off the internet" comment. ;-)

A friend used to have a season ticket so that he could see Premiership football, but specifically so that he could see Man U home and away. Haven't seen him lately...
  • Options
    This season (well last season now) was the first time I've ever had a season ticket. Over the last thirty odd years for various reasons I've been a very much hot and cold attendee; oohahh will be pleased to note that over the last 30 seasons I think I've been to around 50 aways... I have been lucky enough to witness some of the most important games in the recent history of the club. However, in the last three years I've found a passion for the club that I never knew was there. Whether it was a feeling of fighting in adversity or an igniting of interest by my son I'm not sure, all I know is that even including Lennie's foray into the old 1st division when I pretty much attended all 'home' games, I have attended (and enjoyed) far more games outside the top flight than in it.... Season tickets have been renewed for next season and all I am hoping is that if when we return to the Premiership that passion will continue.