Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stewart Downing's Season, on DVD & Blu-Ray now!

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    Don't think I'll be putting this on my Xmas list.
  • Options
    Agree with everything said on here a very, very average player. In honestly I think the ONLY reason that he was considered for England was the fact that we had no left footed midfielders at the time. He isn't much of a premiership player let alone an International and inclusion of players like Downing into the England squad is one of the main reasons why I have lost all interest in England.

As for Kenny Dalglish he was one of the best players ever to walk onto a pitch in this country and is apparently (from a mate who played in a charity golf day with him) quite a nice bloke but he is old school with outdated ideas and it is obviuos that he cabnnot handle the pressure these days.
  • Options
    Downing was excellent in his formative years, beat players on the outside seemed to have a bit of pace. Then he got a knee injury which didn't settle for a while, and he came back as a one paced always cross from deep plodder. Not good enough as a winger, you have to play him inside, and he ain't really good enough there cause he'll fall over against most other midfielders. Personally Villa were crazy to spend 10 million on the archetypal modern English footballer, no imagination, fortunately a managerial moron in the name of Dalglish was trying to re-assemble the one paced devoid of ideas Blackburn midfield without the top drawer forwards.

Go Kenny.
  • Options
    In the England squad!
  • Options
    Downing is garbage! He offers nothing, provides nothing and even bottles confrontation in tackling,etc. Can`t stand him, never rated him and mugged off is how Liverpool fans must feel.

The thought of him strutting around in the Euros with all of the other wasters is too much for me. Thank god I won`t be watching it. I will be too busy living a life on the beach in Greece and taking no notice whatsoever of our shamefully shite national football team.

Bring on the summer! lol ;)
    Downing is garbage! He offers nothing, provides nothing and even bottles confrontation in tackling,etc. Can`t stand him, never rated him and mugged off is how Liverpool fans must feel.

The thought of him strutting around in the Euros with all of the other wasters is too much for me. Thank god I won`t be watching it. I will be too busy living a life on the beach in Greece and taking no notice whatsoever of our shamefully shite national football team.

Bring on the summer! lol ;)

You've had a day on the on the beach & are walking back to your hotel/villa. Passing a bar,you hear live commentary of Engl v France coming from a tele therein.

I bet you go in.
    Bet I firkin don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Players in the England squad with 0 goals & 0 assists this season in the Premiership: Joe Hart, Rob Green, John Ruddy & Stewart Downing
  • Options
    Its a joke that he is in the squad.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    at least there will be a follow up DVD now..'England Euro 2012-Downing and Out'.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This guy could set the tournament alight.....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/21187/stewart-downing?cc=5739#
    ...or be a damp squib !
  • Options
    Let's hope he surprises us like Hargreaves did... Is hargreves still injured? Poor guy. I sense a new fitness video!
  • Options
    All 3 in the squad for euro 2012 now. They are right football is a funny old game.