Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next season betting

Sorry I am fairly sure people have already been commenting on this on another thread but I've been searching and find it anywhere, so feel free to point me in the right direction and delete this one!

Anyway I was wondering if people knew any bookies already taking bets on next seasons betting. I've tried Hills, Paddy Power and Coral and all don't have any prices yet. I seem to remember Ladbrokes having us as a special when we first got promoted but that seems to have disappeared now. Cheeers!

Comments

• nice one, cheers.
  • Notice that we are above Palarse and the Spanners in terms of odds.
    Not that big a surprise
  • edited May 2012
    I'll have a cheeky punt, but I won't win two years in a row........will I ? :-)
    But oddly below the second best team in League One! WHY!?
    Agreed! Strange indeed.
  • No point betting on us until the final premiership team has been relegated. Also, Sheffield Wednesday will have better odds than us because the manager has publicly said they are aiming for a second straight promotion.
  • Well i'm going to stick money on us to get prmoted whatever happens, so the premiership team coming down isn't going to influence me. But yes, no bookies seem to be offering promotion odds (only to win the league) until the final team has come down.
  • That's true - bookies are not that knowledgable as you go down the leagues- that's where the opportunities are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Top six acheivable, with current squad. Who knows with additions
    I can see some logic here. Wednesday, like it or not is a bigger and probably better financed club than us, and therefore potentially better equipped to buy high quality players. Palace were in decline at the end of this season, Millwall however were on the upgrade. So I would say that the bookies have it right in two out of three cases and that Millwall and ourselves should be about the same price.
  • Well i'm going to stick money on us to get prmoted whatever happens, so the premiership team coming down isn't going to influence me. But yes, no bookies seem to be offering promotion odds (only to win the league) until the final team has come down.
    It will influence the odds though
    It will influence the odds though
    Ohh I see, yes thats a good point, overlooked that fact!
  • With a bigger fan base than ours Wednesday will have more fans placing bets. This will influence odds more than anything else.
  • Bookies odds are based on money wagered
    I can see some logic here. Wednesday, like it or not is a bigger and probably better financed club than us, and therefore potentially better equipped to buy high quality players. Palace were in decline at the end of this season, Millwall however were on the upgrade. So I would say that the bookies have it right in two out of three cases and that Millwall and ourselves should be about the same price.
    That would explain why we signed Green ahead of Wednesday.

Like it or not, you have no idea who is better financed between the two clubs.
  • Green signed for charlton , wed didn't offer enough money to dagenham &redbridge for him to even speak to them , read it on there own website. Mugs.
  • semedo signed for wednesday cos they offered more money than us to him
  • Can now get 25-1 with Bet victor on us winning the league next season
  • Sponsored links:

• semedo signed for wednesday cos they offered more money than us to him
    I'd prefer to think that SCP didn't want him as part of the squad. Regardless as to whether that is true or not
    .and I would advise you to take it.
    Confident Valiantphil???
    Going to wait till after the playoffs only 4 bookmakers are giving odds at the minute, I reckon we may even get as big as 28s or 33s with some.

Both are completely understandable.

Wednesday have been superb under Dave Jones, and can entice players by the prospect of playing infront of 38,000 fans. Southampton also finished 2nd in League One if you remember.

Us and Sheff Wed are clubs on the up with momentum Millwall and Palace are not.

I reckon Leeds and Brighton would be good bets.
  • I'd do Brentford for l1 - rosler found a decent job there
  • League One is tricky - there is some good money behind Bournemouth for example- I'd probably go with them if odds are right.
  • Agreed they are who I fancy aswell, might wait a little to see who they bring in.
  • Stan James have Charlton specials: promotion, relegation, top 6, to win the title and top 12 finish.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/charlton-specials/

Terrible odds though.
  • Can get odds of 28/1 now to win the league. Promotion 9/1 with Bet Victor.
    Relegation 8/1 with Ladbrokes.
    BWP 40/1 with Bet365 to be the Championship top scorer.