Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Thanks Charlton, from a newbie

2»

Comments

• Options
    Haha, cheers all!

I was in the East Stand initially, but have revolved around to the West now.

Barry Town will be taking up a lot of my time next season - as volunteers we're all pulling together to keep our 100 years of history going. But I'll definitely be making some trips your way when I get the chance.

Thanks for your kind words.
  • Options

I liked the sound of this fella until he mentioned the East Stand.

Are we sure he isn't just another Welsh blanket seller looking to exploit those poor old fools addicted to Bovril??
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I liked the sound of this fella until he mentioned the East Stand.

Are we sure he isn't just another Welsh blanket seller looking to exploit those poor old fools addicted to Bovril??
    Haha, I wanted to stand on the famous giant terrace!

Will make sure I pack the blankets for next season ;-)
  • Options
    Welcome to the site Ash, take no notice of the others, the East stand is where it's at.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Welcome AshC.

Great post and many reasons why we support the best football club ever, the plastic or glory boys will never understand. It is wonderful to have a new fan understand what it all about supporting our great club.

A word of caution, its not always like last Saturday though!
  • Options
    Welcome to the site Ash and welcome to Charlton. Great read.

Come and meet up with a few of us next season so its not such a solitary day.
  • Options
    A word of caution, its not always like last Saturday though!
    Hopefully the first half against Notts County has given me good grounding!
    Welcome to the site Ash and welcome to Charlton. Great read.

Come and meet up with a few of us next season so its not such a solitary day.
    Cheers mate, I'd be up for that.

• Options
    Great read. Welcome Ash.
  • Options
    Welcome Ash or should I say, Sugar Tits?
    Lovely post geezer.
    One of my bestest pals lives in Cardiff & she loved her visit to the Valley. But she's a staunch Bluebird & even though she's gutted they missed out this season she's looking forward to our visit. It'll be the first fixture we'll both look for as we love a night out in the Principality ;)
    So let's hope we can meet up for a Brains or three?
    Oooh & btw, I follow @standupforbarry on twitter for much the same reason, a club with history where the fans are trying their best to save it.
    All the best xxx
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Welcome Ash.
    I'll also be looking for the Cardiff fixture as my little 'un lives in Merthyr..and it's a new ground :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like we will have to wear our away strip with Cardiff wearing red shirts next season, what a joke.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's all kicking right off down here. It's a constant soap opera.

Big fan of Brains here, no more than three though - from experience any more is a bad idea!
  • Options

So, who's going to be first to buy that man a pint?

If the offer still stands, am coming down for the Hull City match - looking forward to it! :-)