Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todays Result Counts For Nothing

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Unless we win a Watford.
They've just lost 3-0 at home. They're really looking down.

Comments

• Options
    The momentum is with us...if we had 'The Force' it would be even better. We just have to teach Watford the same lesson next week, then do Newcastle and Wigan and it looks better...simple... :-)
  • Options
    Stupid post Chirpy! I know we will beat them but if say we did lose and won the next two home games we would still be looking good.
  • Options
    You're half right there Dave, but even a loss a Watford would not take away the three points today and the creation of a real fortress at The Valley where we can now really look to be winning EVERY game.
  • Options
    I think it does count for something,we've just beat the jellied eel crew 4-0,we'll worry about next week when it comes but for now lets enjoy the result.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    It was strange to be cheering for a team that was comfortably ahead at half time.

But it looks to me like it all comes down to gaining four more points than Wigan before the end of the season.
    And today makes it look possible. Maybe even eight more points than Sheffield. So it must count for something.

15 Man City   26      -12       30
    16 Sheff Utd  28      -16       30
    17 Wigan      27      -16       26
    18 Charlton   28      -23       23
    19 West Ham   28      -28       20
    20 Watford    28      -25       19