Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    just reading that wells you up with pride

i don't think it's possible to love him anymore but he is a class act
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Fantastic! The "steely underbelly" comment made me giggle...
  • Options
    Brilliant as ever.

“When the call came regarding an interview and coming back, a lot of people said I shouldn’t do it because you could spoil your legacy but I said all along I wanted to enhance it and I’ve done that. - Now there's a man with enough self-confidence to inspire confidence in others.
  • Options
    i don't think it's possible to love him anymore
    hopefully you meant "any more"

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Another great article. I'm not sure I could love him any more (than I already do) but my boyfriend wishes I wouldn't 'go on about him' so much!
  • Options
    Just remind your boyfriend where your priorities lie, Princess.

;o)
  • Options
    Bump...
    "You have to show leadership and believe in yourself and use your gut feeling sometimes - make the players feel good about themselves and make them feel proud of each other and proud of the club they’re playing for"
  • Options
    I feel proud to have him as manager of the club I love
  • Options
    After meeting him on 2 separate occasions at supporter club meets, he really is the man for us. I love him.
  • Options
    He is the man for the job for a long time to come
    In Powell we trust
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's have a load more Chrissy Powell's red and white army tomorrow.
  • Options
    To play devils advocate here.If Powell lost the next three games what would your position be?Would you still think he was the right man for the job?In my opinion he is still the best man for the job and should be backed by the powers that be and by the fans.But I really like O Driscoll as a Manager and the way he sets up his teams to play passing football.
  • Options
    If Powell lost the next three I absolutely think he's the right man... We have ONLY ever been successful when we have given people time, he was not backed in the summer, unless you see NOT selling our players as backing which could well be valid if we had any ficking idea what's going on behind the closed doors of the boardroom...

Overall he's one of us ... He's doing the best he can with the players we have and yes he will also make mistakes ...

100 percent support ...
  • Options
    Bottom line is we should not be losing to the three teams we have just played. Wrong formation, tinkering, lack of motivation through giving them Xmas day off etc.

Who carries the can if not the manager? Prague will say TJ, but then again his eye sight from Prague we are supposed to accept is better than us regulars.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

To play devils advocate here.If Powell lost the next three games what would your position be?...

Left back hopefully; as a 48 year old man with little ball control and no professional experience I'd think of myself as a step up from Seabourne ;-)
  • Options
    Stig said:

dickplumb said:

To play devils advocate here.If Powell lost the next three games what would your position be?...

Left back hopefully; as a 48 year old man with little ball control and no professional experience I'd think of myself as a step up from Seabourne ;-)
    I am 58 and I used to play left back and I am a step up from Seaborne.He looks like a centre half being played out of position.

• Options
    edited December 2012

Bottom line is we should not be losing to the three teams we have just played.

Why not?
    The delusions of grandeur people have for this club and squad these days baffles me at times.

• Options

Why not?
    The delusions of grandeur people have for this club and squad these days baffles me at times.

Delusions?
    Ipswich - once our feeder club, a very average championship side of whom we have already beat once this season, why roll over so easily to the same team on our own patch? Bolton, a good club but a poor team (please see their league position) & SWFC - another poor side who we simply should not of lost to.

Love CP, love him as our gaffer and would never suggest that he should go. In recent times- the above has been down to him. He , as manager, needs to sort it out. Stop fucking about with the team and we will be alright.
  • Options
    O'driscoll should have stayed at donny

IMO he will be like Gary Johnson

It Won't work at any other club
  • Options
    We were outplayed by Ipswich. Simple as that. We have no god given right to beat anybody in this league. Home or away. Top or bottom of the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Stig said:

dickplumb said:

He looks like a centre half being played out of position.

funny that :-)
  • Options

Bottom line is we should not be losing to the three teams we have just played. Wrong formation, tinkering, lack of motivation through giving them Xmas day off etc.

Who carries the can if not the manager? Prague will say TJ, but then again his eye sight from Prague we are supposed to accept is better than us regulars.

Well why not seek me out in the east stand tomorrow (block G row Q) or at Watford, and you can test my eyesight then. I'm old small and don't bite ( except on Internet forums:-))
  • Options
    If we lost the next three I for one would want better players maybe some on loan
  • Options

He's there often enough, but then actually taking a step back and looking at a picture bigger than a poor Boxing Day performance might not be a bad thing.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Why not?

Delusions?
    Ipswich - once our feeder club, a very average championship side of whom we have already beat once this season, why roll over so easily to the same team on our own patch? Bolton, a good club but a poor team (please see their league position) & SWFC - another poor side who we simply should not of lost to.

Love CP, love him as our gaffer and would never suggest that he should go. In recent times- the above has been down to him. He , as manager, needs to sort it out. Stop fucking about with the team and we will be alright.
    ....And we've also spent the last three seasons in League One.

Believe it or not, football teams do lose games from time to time - regardless of it was against a former 'feeder club' (about 10 bloody years ago).

There are delusions of grandeur if anyone, like yourself, thinks we should automatically be favorites to beat these sorts of clubs.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    No matter what happens this season on the field, he will still be the man for th job in my eyes. It will be the board's failure to back him with money that is the problem (eg. Not buying Stephen Quinn or Aluko which apparently he wanted - these players have boosted Hull up to second.)
  • Options
    I know we all love Sir Chris Powell but if it means we slip down the league any more,i am sorry but off with his head,i for one dont want div 1 football.
  • Options
    The point of bringing this and the other thread up from the end of last season was to emphasise that CP has put this squad together and knows them better than anyone... the one thing we should all have learnt from the Dowie fiasco is that if there is money available for a replacement AND the 5 players he wants to sign then why not give it to the incumbent ... unless he (like Pardew) has completely lost the dressing room.
    Interesting point about how many more losses could be tolerated, but again, the return of Evina and Wilson & the signing of a couple of players should yield some points pretty soon... maybe even tomorrow?!
    Looking at the longer game finishing 14th and pushing on next season looks like a cunning plan... then again this came from Mr Slater's mouth many moons ago... Especially since the U21 and U18 set ups appear to be winning games.
    Throwing money at the problem will only put the club more & more into debt so, once again, if CP has the squad behind him then let's keep building.
  • Options
    Just posted the following in another thread but relevant here too

Agree with this. I am frustrated at the moment. CP's tactics, substitutions and team selections are often mystifying. We have ridden our luck quite a bit and, although the whole soul of the club stuff is very important, we are in danger of going up our own collective arse at times. It is nevertheless my earnest wish that CP gets the opportunity to learn his trade with us. It might be an uncomfortable ride at times but its the least he deserves. Notwithstanding the anticlimax of the summer after the highs of last May, we are undoubtedly better off than we were and, don't forget, it could easily all have gone horribly wrong if the CP clear out gamble had not paid off. It was a gamble lest we forget and we could just as easily be in league 2/bust by now. That we are a lower mid championship team is CP's doing and, whatever the current frustrations, we should forget that at our peril.