Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anti Social Behaviour

13»

Comments

• Probably the wrong moment to say this, but as a much younger man I once stole a doorbell from a very grand house in Tunbridge Wells. It was an old Victorian thing where you pulled a handle to ring the bell. I got the whole thing including the brass casing. I've always felt guilty about it and wondered why I did it (though being drunk was surely a factor).
    Reading this thread though, it's starting to make sense. I was born in Strood. There must be something in the water there or some cultural heritage that I absorbed. So actually it's not my fault.
    the urge to steal a doorbell is probably from your Strood heritage but the fact that it's not your fault probably means you have Liverpudlian roots too.

• Doorbell thieving is an ongoing issue. Posted about the little blighters stealing mine in Northfleet back in 2008:

...the special Northfleet version where they actually steal the doorbell from the doors of the whole street and then hide in the park over the road randomly ringing them. They then wait for a couple of weeks until everyone has spent £10+ on a new doorbell and repeat the "prank". I need a doorbell that doesn't attach to the door by a piece of double-sided tape and is actually wired into my house, horrible little *****!

http://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/15809/to-parents/p1

Surely a knocker is avery easy solution to this?
  • ^ I found it easier to just move out of Northfleet!
  • Doorbell thieving is an ongoing issue. Posted about the little blighters stealing mine in Northfleet back in 2008:

...the special Northfleet version where they actually steal the doorbell from the doors of the whole street and then hide in the park over the road randomly ringing them. They then wait for a couple of weeks until everyone has spent £10+ on a new doorbell and repeat the "prank". I need a doorbell that doesn't attach to the door by a piece of double-sided tape and is actually wired into my house, horrible little *****!

http://charltonlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/15809/to-parents/p1

Surely a knocker is avery easy solution to this?
    A pair maybe
  • Probably the wrong moment to say this, but as a much younger man I once stole a doorbell from a very grand house in Tunbridge Wells. It was an old Victorian thing where you pulled a handle to ring the bell. I got the whole thing including the brass casing. I've always felt guilty about it and wondered why I did it (though being drunk was surely a factor).
    Reading this thread though, it's starting to make sense. I was born in Strood. There must be something in the water there or some cultural heritage that I absorbed. So actually it's not my fault.
    the urge to steal a doorbell is probably from your Strood heritage but the fact that it's not your fault probably means you have Liverpudlian roots too.

I will dispute that in court!

• ...the special Northfleet version where they actually steal the doorbell from the doors of the whole street and then hide in the park over the road randomly ringing them.

Am I the only one who actually finds this funny?

• ...the special Northfleet version where they actually steal the doorbell from the doors of the whole street and then hide in the park over the road randomly ringing them.

Am I the only one who actually finds this funny?
    I still struggle to find it funny but can understand how others would. It was extremely unfunny at the time, and if I'd have caught the little bleeders they wouldn't have moved to Medway to steal more doorbells!