Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Devils

Been mentioned a few times in other threads but thought they deserved their own one....They were fantastic,I was in the NWQ so didnt see them jump from the plane but the speed they came over the top of the stand was breathtaking. The Valley,although rocking,must have looked very small from up there,those boys must have been at the front of the line when they were handing out the massive balls!! Well done lads :)

Comments

• Options
    ..beats me why they didn't just use the spares thread if they didn't have a ticket
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing, something I will never forget, along with the rest of today's proceedings.
  • Options
    hear , hear

absolutely brilliant
    i was very suspect of the razzamatazz of today, being synical thought it was a bit americanised but i called it completely and utterly wrong
    the club nailed it and today was a wonderful day

those red devils were absolute mustard

and the fighter jet doing a dance up in the skies near the end of the match was quality too

well done to all concerned
  • Options
    The club missed a trick but not putting a 6 on the other side of the piece of paper so we could have held them up when they landed...oi charlton, try and remember that for next years promotion celebrations...
  • Options
    Does anyone remember what game it was when they last flew into the Valley.
    Similar to today, landed in centre circle and I believe they delivered the match ball.

Think it was around 10 or so years ago. Possibly the last championship winning season 2000

Anyone know for sure? Or what game it was?
  • Options
    Brilliant
  • Options
    I saw some of them had cameras attached to their helmets - would love to see the video from their perspective as they come down to land in the Valley - does anyone know if they release those kind of videos/pictures?
  • Options
    I thought they were absolutely brilliant. Big thanks to them and to whoever booked them. What a wonderful way to celebrate.
  • Options
    The Red Devils parachuted in with the matchball for John Robinson's testimonial match (I think Porto were the opposition).
  • Options
    The Red Devils parachuted in with the matchball for John Robinson's testimonial match (I think Porto were the opposition).
    Thank You. Been trying to remember that for the best part of a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hear , hear

absolutely brilliant
    i was very suspect of the razzamatazz of today, being synical thought it was a bit americanised but i called it completely and utterly wrong
    the club nailed it and today was a wonderful day

those red devils were absolute mustard

and the fighter jet doing a dance up in the skies near the end of the match was quality too

well done to all concerned
    The jets were "using" the game at The Valley today as an exercise to see how quickly/safely they could "scramble" and avoid any trouble in airspace during the Olympics.

• Options
    From six miles away, I thought it was over rated :-)
  • Options
    Great video Bedsaddick. I was in the Upper West stand and couldn't see them until the appeared over the top of the Jimmy Seed stand, so good to see from a different angle. The speed they came into the stadium was amazing.
  • Options
    Yes, brilliant video Beds. From where I was I didn't quite appreciate the steepness of that angle or the sudden change of direction.
  • Options
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Quality!
  • Options
    Very impressive, glad I didn't have to do that, would have ended up in the Thames! The speed and accuracy was awesome.
  • Options
    It was pretty impressive the way they swooped in at top speed and hit the marker. I was at the Honourable Artllery Company's open day last year when a parachutist missed the HAC playing fields massively and ended up landing in the street (he was Royal Artillery I think, not Parachute Regiment!)
  • Options
    "Where do you think they'll land?"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great video, from the back of the East you couldn't see them until they were right over the pitch. That's a seriously steep drop, though I'm not sure Paddy Powell would have enjoyed his pitch being treated like that!
  • Options
    "Where do you think they'll land?"

LOL.

the first one missed it (just)...second one was bang on, couldn't see the rest, too much red smoke clouding my view from the NW quad...they were all great landings though! Good stuff!
  • Options
    Absolutely superb stuff.

They also got a massive standing ovation when they came up to take their seats in the West Stand press gantry. Was a bit shocked that one of them looked about 14!
  • Options
    Red Devils, were superb, here is a vid of the first chap, I have all the rest but need to edit down, will post later.
  • Options
    Incidentally, it was Jim davidson who booked them
  • Options
    Great video Beds, thanks for posting. Amazing stuff.
  • Options
    Thought they were excellent......top stuff and I'm proud to have served with some Para's a few moons ago......top blokes and hard as nails...they deserved their ovation when they went to take their seats in the West Stand after the game had started......well done CAFC for organising!!!
  • Options
    It amazed me just how fast they came down. You don't get that appreciation of the sheer speed on TV and the strength and skill required to land properly.

Top marks to the bloke who hit the mark. Incredible.
  • Options
    I don't think Paddy Powell was impresed: mascots, footballers and opera singers were bad enough but then.............
  • Options
    I was doubtful, but they were simply thrilling, from under the East Stand roof when these guys suddenly appeared swooping in was completely exhilarating, I couldn't believe they could 'brake' from such a speed, really brilliant.