Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beastie Boys star Adam Yauch dies aged 48

RIP.

Comments

• Jesus, RIP.
  • Wow. RIP Adam.
  • Sad news. RIP
  • No Sleep 'til Brooklyn .. RIP
  • Luv that album Lincs, what a shock, RIP, respect
  • all these clowns that go on about Drake

well he ain't fit to polish up Yauch's trainers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru3gH27Fn6E
  • RIP I think a weekend of listening to all their albums is on the cards
  • a band that managed to throw off the joke band tag after license to ill to become probably the best rap band of all time and well respected with it
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus, that is shocking. I knew about the cancer, and that he was still fighting it, but still expected him to pull through. Part of one of the best live acts I've ever seen, a true artists and, having met him a couple of times, a really down-to-Earth bloke. Handled their rider once years ago at the Astoria - no frills, no fuss, and all three of them made a concerted effort to seek out the venue staff and thank them for their hospitality. A gentleman and a scholar - RIP
  • This is very sad.

Rest in Peace fella

When you stand some of today's 'artists' up they are not fit to share the same airspace as this guy
  • Gutted. Was just starting to get into them and was starting to wonder if they'd ever tour. Didn't know he had cancer. Calling him a talented musician is an understatement.
  • Didn't know about his illness. Sad news. Been a beastie fan for many years and seen them live on 3 occasions. Top live act.

R.I.P
  • R.I.P.
  • Gutting news, rip MCA legend

'Well I'm MCA with a story to tell
    When I rock the crowd I rock the crowd well
    And when I get the feeling I feel the feel swell
    'Cause when I start to rhyme well I rhyme the rhyme well'

• RIP beastie
  • One of my biggest regrets re. never having seen live. These guys were, as I just posted on twitter, a significant part of the soundtrack of my life from a simpler, really happy time. Amazing to see them develop from essentially a novelty act (but a pretty good one) to talented and multi-layered musicians. Will be missed...

As cool as the other side of the pillow.

Remembered his stage rush at MTV music video awards after Sabotage (now there's a tune that should be on the play list for Championship Saturday!) was shut out. http://bit.ly/ILZZHA Stage rush at 2:45 and performance at 4:55
  • Was shocked when I saw the news, knew he had cancer but honestly hoped and thought he'd manage to pull through eventually. Very sad indeed. RIP MCA.
  • A Genuine musical genius, leaves a superb legacy of essential music. A Very sad loss. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Knew he had cancer but you always hope for the best... The beasties soundtracked my adolescence. Huge loss.
  • RIP. Albums will be getting aired again
  • RIP Beastie Boy :-(
  • Echo what JT said as well, gonna air the albums and raise glass, good idea Jos stone
  • R.I.P MCA. A modern day musical pioneer. Had to buy Pauls Boutique and License To Ill on vinyl twice as I wore out the first ones.
  • RIP

Liked a fair bit of their stuff, but gotta say Intergalactic is my favourite!
  • R.I.P a true Legend in Hip Hop

Used to big into Hip hop but now i cant stand to listen to it, Except the Beastie Boys fantastic group
  • RIP - I saw them once, but I could never get past the impression that the BB's were a bit ersatz taking hip hop and making it nice and safe and middle class.
  • Absolutely stunned by this. We all knew he had been diagnosed and there were some rumours a couple of years back that he was making good, steady progress with his treatment. The Beasties are true legends in my mind.

Really really sad.

R.I.P.