Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did Danny Mills and John Robinson ruin Redknapps reputation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't The Guardian's Secret Footballer say that Harry Redknapp puts the team out but gives practically no information as to tactics. I think he said he tells them before kick off who's taking free kicks and corners and that's it.

Would make sense because I remember him admitting that he calls Jamie Redknapp at half time for advice.
    Nope, that was Raymond Van Der Vaart who said that!

• Options
    This is 'Arry who always wondered why he didn't win away, when he plays attacking full backs and an attacking five in the front six. He thought shoring up was bringing onJon Moncur to kick people. Then lo and behold he won ahuge numbers of home games with the same 11? Not hard to work out.

Love to watch Spurs, but the nob still hasn't worked out in the first half hour you play Bale and Lennon narrow; unless it's Blackburn who don't bother doubling up for 45 minutes.. Then they can feel there way wide into the phases they start to dominate. First half was just a joke against Inter Milan, a one paced team who they gave all the central space to aging top quality pros. Why the hell is it that most managers in England can't work it out. Bale moved inside looking for ball, narrowed the pitch and picked up breakdown ball and ripped them apart whilst they were still playing the defensive one in midfield of the previous thirty minutes. Thank god I won't have to watch two attacking full backs and five attacking players in the front six in the Euros, while we surrender possesion all match.
  • Options
    Love it when someone on here actually knows what they're talking about! Doesn't happen often! ;-)

All went straight over my head Colin.
  • Options
    Harry has too much baggage and closeted skeletons for the FA. Shame because he's a motivator (most importatnt to English players methinks) rather than a master tactician. I suspect that Hodgson is the reverse, but he'll do an adequate job. Also, the England manager role has altered. Much time will be spent at Burton supervising all the England squads. I feel that Harry is not cut out for such a role and as has been pointed out, Burton is a long way from Redknapp Towers in Poole.
  • Options
    sorry sorry. i did have a read of it and it wasn't convincing but whatever..

more importantly, i wish john robinson was still playing.
    Well great though JR was, I think at nearly 41 he might be a tad past it now;-)

With all the moaning he used to do, his vocal cords will be worn out too...
  • Options
    Very good article from kumb
  • Options
    Well I bought a secound hand Cortina (2.0 ghia) off of Arry in 1985 and I have never trusted the tw@t ever since. First of all he tried to fist me with some sort of fucked up funky arsed warranty deal, I was having nothing to do with that. Then two weeks later I am sitting at the lights half way down Eltham High Street, when I get a tug from the rozzers. That tw@t Arry feckin RedKr@pp has only sold me a cut n shunt. Apparently the front half was previously owned by some bloke called Mustapha out of Plumstead and even the old Bill couldn't find out where the back half hailed from. Suffice to say I was well out of pocket and was paying off the finance for two feckin years. So please excuse me when I wasn't too surprised that the boggle eyed fecker had poached Jermain "Wanker" Defoe off of us, years later. The blokes a wrongun no doubt. Mind you with all the other five knuckle shufflers at the FA, I would of thought he was a shoe in for the Engerland job, although imagine the number of brown envelopes they would need? The stationary budget would rocket and it's us, the ordinary sane supporter who would be paying for all that malarky... It makes me seethe, I am incandesant with rage just sitting here jumping up and down thinking about it, the cat has gone all nervy on me and the that huge vain on my neck is beating the retreat !
  • Options
    The stationary budget would rocket and it's us, the ordinary sane supporter who would be paying for all that malarky... It makes me seethe, I am incandesant with rage just sitting here jumping up and down thinking about it, the cat has gone all nervy on me and the that huge vain on my neck is beating the retreat !
    That is the most disgraceful comment I have ever read. The word is stationEry, not stationAry. Really Soapy do try and maintain the CL standards here. Can't argue with the rest of course;-)
  • Options
    "Cut n shunt" ?
    Cock-er-nee rhyming slang ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good article from kumb - the man sounds as bent as an Arab's knife....could he possibly bankrupt Spurs, or are they just too rich?
  • Options
    Woy is simply the better choice, better to be nicking games one nil than losing 8_3. Harry has no defensive nous we all love him because we dont support his team!! Great games to watch
  • Options
    The stationary budget would rocket and it's us, the ordinary sane supporter who would be paying for all that malarky... It makes me seethe, I am incandesant with rage just sitting here jumping up and down thinking about it, the cat has gone all nervy on me and the that huge vain on my neck is beating the retreat !
    That is the most disgraceful comment I have ever read. The word is stationEry, not stationAry. Really Soapy do try and maintain the CL standards here. Can't argue with the rest of course;-)
    It's stationary as in the full back that Harry picked.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    I remember that game so well, was over for it. I remember Robbo nutmegging Dicks right in front of us in the East. It was a day when I thought being a Charlton supporter didn't get better than this. Unfortunately we soon started on our 8 consecutive defeats.
  • Options
    lol
    Good spot LA but what about 'incandescent' and 'vein'. Equally disgraceful?. Seriously though, a very revealing original post by Soapy, but he/we didn't all know then that HR couldn't read or that his dog was his accountant.