Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For Sale - Charlton flag signed by whole squad at Sponsors' dinner - For Upbeats

Comments

• Cracking stuff. Come on guys dig deep and you'll feel upbeat too.
  • Cracking stuff. Come on guys dig deep and you'll feel upbeat too.
  • The guy next door has Down's syndrome and after his very aged mum was taken into care, he has succeeded, with some help here and there, in keeping house by himself. He loves football and only gets agitated when he can't get Sky to work (cue urgent banging on our door). He's in his 50's and it's only in the last year or so that he has been involved with things and people outside the confines of his house. He works for one day a week on a farm and goes off on mini bus trundles. He just looks so incredibly happy now and additionally he has discovered pubs with people that will buy him a beer, plus he has worked out that he can buy his own beer in Morrisons. Just to see him walking home, swinging his arms in the air and singing his heart out is one of the most heart warming, and mildly amusing, things I have ever seen.
    I've reached my financial limits and can't afford to bid again for the flag, but I just wanted to let you all know just how much difference small changes can make to the lives of disabled people. It all makes me feel rather misty eyed and proud to be part of Charlton. Here's hoping that a lot of money is raised.
  • The bid is £220 from Lancashire Lass - Thanks to her.

Please feel free to increase it, the rest of you.
  • You're all far too generous (and rich). Obviously a cause that makes people really want to dig deep.

Happy bidding!
  • £225
  • edited May 2012
    two and a quarter with Mr W. Nice one Steve.
  • sink sink sink (I want it for my office wall)
  • sink sink sink (I want it for my office wall)
    Sorry, but I have to bump this at least once a day for form's sake.

• Sponsored links:

• Nice flag , good cause , get in!

(will receive the mother and father of beatings if she ever finds out)
  • I don't know Swisdom, but I'll save him from the beating (unless he bids again of course!) GBP270
  • £270 it is. Nice one Killarhales.
  • Pregnant women find it difficult to chase anyone let alone attempt a beating, as to tongue lashings, well Swiz can cope, he's used to being outnumbered ;-) so c'mon Swiz, just imagine that flag on your wall.
  • I'm oot

I'll print the photo off, enlarge it and stick that on the wall and spend the money on Nike gear instead
  • £300 from Ooa Aah.

Henry Jnr is going to be asking for a fee for getting it signed soon.

Maybe I'll ask NSS to knock a snidy copy of the new home kit for him : - 0
  • Bump. Auction ends tomorrow - Tuesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Going..................
  • Going...........
  • Gone

Well done Ooh Aah. Another £300 for the upbeats which makes it £1500 for them raised on here.

Thanks to NorthstandSteve who donated the flag and to Henry Jnr who got it signed.

75% I'll inbox Ooh Aah, 20% he'll inbox me, 5% we both forget.
  • + £50 more in a bet i lost to plaaayer that Sheff utd would get more points than Charlton in the last 4 games

he must have been on the jury to know that was gonna happen !
  • That is a fantastic achievement. Well done all.
  • Lol! You're a top man Oohaah.
  • Yeh you got to give it to him..... grudgingly.
  • Well done oooey.
  • Great achievement by everyone.