Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

101 points record

I know Fulham hold the record.But can Charlton beat it on Saturday if we win?on goal difference.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, we would need to win by a couple of goals I think.
  • Options
    1. Fulham 46 30 11 5 90 32 +58 101

1 Charlton 45 29 11 5 79 34 +45 98

We would have to win 14-0 !!
  • Options
    KEEP THE FAITH!
  • Options
    Yes but did fulham achieve it with a WHOLE NEW TEAM ?
  • Options
    Did they win 15 away games?
  • Options
    Did they have a pitch invasion?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Did they have a centre forward as hard as yann? did they have a manager as cool as powell? did they have a centreback who looks like channing tatum? No, therefore we win right?
  • Options
    What they did have was players they had signed from the Premier League, including Chris Coleman who Cost £2m (in 1997) - back when £2m was considered quite a lot of money for a third division centre half.
  • Options
    who did they have up front that season?
  • Options
    Did they have a pitch invasion?
    LOL!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    What they did have was players they had signed from the Premier League, including Chris Coleman who Cost £2m (in 1997) - back when £2m was considered quite a lot of money for a third division centre half.
    Just over £2m is the official transfer fee record for a player by a League One club. I believe the next highest figure is £1.2m by Southampton for Jose Fonte - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Suffice to say £2m is still an astronomical figure for this division.
  • Options
    They had

Louis Saha
    Paul Peschisolido
    Luis Boa Morte
    Barry Hales
    Karl-Heinz Riedle

Not Bad eh?
  • Options
    Bedsaddick has copied the wrong stats, those are from when Fulham won the championship a year or 2 after they won league 1.

Their league one record was:

W31 D8 L7

F79 A32 GD +47

So we need to win by 3 goals to beat their record.

And to answer the other questions, they won 12 away games and their strikers were Barry Hayles and Geoff Horsfield.
  • Options
    They had

Louis Saha
    Paul Peschisolido
    Luis Boa Morte
    Barry Hales
    Karl-Heinz Riedle

Not Bad eh?
    I can tell you concretely that Louis Saha and Luis Boa Morte never played in League One.
  • Options
    Easily done as it was called division one. So they won two different divisions both times getting 101 points ? Confusing.
  • Options
    Easily done as it was called division one. So they won two different divisions both times getting 101 points ? Confusing.
    Yes, they won successive promotions with 101 points. Seems to be a good number...
  • Options
    ^^^ Early Strummer classic, salad.
  • Options
    maybe we will do the same :)
  • Options
    Only Cardiff can exceed 100 points in the football league this season. They can get 104 points if they win all their remaining fixtures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Only Cardiff can exceed 100 points in the football league this season. They can get 104 points if they win all their remaining fixtures.

Wow were we really that good last season?
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Wow were we really that good last season?
    No, just lucky, over and over again.
  • Options
    That's the trouble with luck - it runs out, :-)