Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Article: The Norwich Factor

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    So according to the financial fair play rules Man Ure, for instance can't spend any money at all as they are only servicing debt, not actually making money?

No, I'm sure that won't be the case. Only team s who wish to climb that ladder will be regulated. Those already on the top of it can stiff the rest, as usual.
  • Options
    At the moment yes just in the Championship so far but the FFP rules also apply to UEFA competitions so City and Chelsea could be in trouble.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The topic of a player's 'suitability' in a higher division has been discussed on here regularly. It's interesting to see Henry and Callum's stats. Powell cannot afford any sentimentality whatsoever in his dealings in the player/transfer market. To state the obvious, how he will manage depends on player availability and the available cash. I am in agreement with a lot of my fellow 'scouts' on here .. our midfield is not up to scratch for the next division. Only Hollands to my mind will be a success .. (sorry all you J Jackson fans) ... centre back needs strengthening as do the forwards .. BUT, I have stated here before that to my mind, only sign a forward of genuine proven championship ability and spend big if necessary. There is no point at all in signing a journeyman at the expense of a developing player who's already on the books. My choices: Koren, Austin, Lappin. Better to sign three expensive players than six never have beens/never will bes.

ADDITION: Just spotted the Dicker and Harley to Charlton 'rumour' .. yes please.
  • Options
    austin or emnes would be seriously good signings! ryan harley would be a good addition in creative midfield role
  • Options
    Harley would be good:
    Might even buy a shirt (If/when they go on sale). ;-)
  • Options
    Harley would be good:
    Might even buy a shirt (If/when they go on sale). ;-)
    one for harley and one for davidson ?