Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Niall Quinn

You bias prick, hope Ferguson gives you a slap you lanky streak of piss

Comments

• Evening Steve.
  • Quite restrained for you (you're right though)
  • Never heard such abias commentator
    In my life.
  • Lol I can't understand a word he has said mate , dunno how you can

Utd blown it poor show from them tbh come for the draw
  • Doing Man U VS Sunderland next ....
  • Ferdinand is toilet. They haven't had a shot
  • Utd are pony
  • Quinn probably chosen as counterbalance to Neville in the studio?
  • Utd can't pass tonight the ball is a yard to short too high too long too slow too quick

Very disjointed

Shame as I didn't want city to win the league but on this showing they have been very charlton like lol
  • Thought Quinn was a really good co commentator.
    And City totally deserved that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought Quinn was a really good co commentator.
    And City totally deserved that.
    Are you kidding? Thought he was very biased, even Neville isn't as bad as he was tonight. Bad move by sky, lots of people complaining
  • Retired footballers go on to do a variety of different things: some become managers, some pundits, some coaches or even groundsmen. Most just disappear off the scene completely. Niall Quinn however became a football chairman.

I'm not Irish (in fact they generally irritate me) and neither am I a Sunderland fan. Niall Quinn though is brilliant and any true football fan should hold him in high regard. To complain about his accent and say he's biased is a bit off in my opinion. Go and criticise and insult someone who deserves it.
  • He was utterly appalling, he wasn't co-commentating or giving an expert analysis. He was sitting there in his Man City shirt, next to a City mate just chatting about the game through blue eyes and just happened to be miked up.
    Sky should be ashamed of themselves for selecting him for such a high profile match. Alan Smith would have done a professional job.
  • I was a bit surprised that Quinn was a co-commentator (as opposed to being in the studio). Neville has gone up in my estimation as someone who is objective in his analysis. He gave a clear explanation of how Smalling had erred in his marking of Kompany but avoided the usual Hansen shite of describing it is 'diabolical'. Shame about the Mancunian nasal whine. Now if he had been from a civilized part of the world (ie London)....................
  • Maybe I missed it but I honestly didn't pick up on any bias. And even if there was some, who cares-particularly on a cafc msg board.
    Besides, man u have had their share of bias over the years.
  • I think you must have had the sound down, or weren't listening.
    CAFC board but not a CAFC thread. I don't recall any particular bias towards Man U on sky's commentary teams before.
  • Should've been Smith. Strange choice by sky.
  • Lol I can't understand a word he has said mate , dunno how you can

Utd blown it poor show from them tbh come for the draw
    Seriously? He has a v ery soft Irish accent
  • I can't say I'm surprised that NLA couldn't understand him. It doesn't appear that his English is very good.
  • I come from a family made up of paddys and honestly he was softly spoken I couldn't make out a word of what he was saying I put talkshite on and watched the match
  • Sponsored links:

• thought the quip about maradona using his hands to kick a ball rather than his feet was quite funny!
  • To complain about his accent and say he's biased is a bit off in my opinion. Go and criticise and insult someone who deserves it.
    Why is it off to call him biased? he clearly was, or was in a lot of people's eyes. Top player and i'm sure he's a nice man but shouldn't take up commentating.
  • Should have had a pundit without connection to either club as co commentator to save the flak, but then I guess thousands of armchair Utd fans texting in earns them money...
  • Lol my English is superb it is everyone else's that is shite
  • Oh here we go.

Now we have finally come to terms with the criminal coverage of Charlton's third division triumph, we're now picking on the coverage of other teams.

It was possibly the biggest game City have played in decades, and he is a Manchester City sweetheart. Think he can be left off this one time.
  • Maradona, Liam Gallagher, Niall Quinn...wonderful stuff.

Keep bloody humming "Hey Jude" this morn.
  • You bias prick, hope Ferguson gives you a slap you lanky streak of piss
    Completely over the top Steve? Are you a united fan - why would you be so irate about it?
  • Oh here we go.

Now we have finally come to terms with the criminal coverage of Charlton's third division triumph, we're now picking on the coverage of other teams.

It was possibly the biggest game City have played in decades, and he is a Manchester City sweetheart. Think he can be left off this one time.
    But that is the point. He was always going to be bias to Man City so why didn't Sky use a commentator with no affiliation to either club?
  • You bias prick, hope Ferguson gives you a slap you lanky streak of piss
    Completely over the top Steve? Are you a united fan - why would you be so irate about it?
    Have you never read any of his posts B?!
  • Sky probably thought they were balancing things out and perhaps they would have got stick from City fans had they gone for a neutral, but still had Neville in the studio.

Wouldn't have been an issue as far as I am concerned as Neville has turned into a class analyser, but can see they could have expected flak regardless.

As for Quinn, yes it was obvious he was a City fan, but really didn't feel it was an issue during the game. If you want real bias, have a listen to Brian Moore for England rugby games...he's hilarious!! ;-)