Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moments Of The Season

Comments

• Options
    1 Huddersfield - "You can shove your f**king record up your arse"
    2 Bournemouth - I generally only go to the poor away performances, but to clinch the winner at the end, AND find out that all our competitors had dropped points made that a massive victory.
    3 Kermorgant
    4 Stephens vs Bury, but I'd need to see the DVD first!
    5 Promotion at Carlisle, even if I wasn't there! Everything else is icingon the cake...
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Huddersfield

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Sheffield Wed

3. Who is your player of the season? Solly

4. What is the goal of the season? Jackson v Sheff Wed

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Getting our Charlton back
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Bournemouth first game, to come out 3 nil winners with all the new players really made me think could we...

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Fulham, despite the result to part of the massive following was a proud day plus the banter on the boat was top draw.

3. Who is your player of the season? Solly, 1 word... emense.

4. What is the goal of the season? BWP at carlisle, clumpsy tap in but finally meant we are out of this poxy hell hole of a league.

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? So far, when BDL shouted champions after wycombe, loved it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    1 - huddersfield 2-0

2 - sheffield united

3 - Kermit

4 - Jackson at home to sheff utd

5 - Kermits goal at sheff utd - i went bruno n'gotty
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? - Bournemouth: a hot and sunny day, playing with style and purpose, goals galore and set the scene of what was to come.

2. What was your favourite away game this season? - sad to say that I only went to Fulham as an away (ducks for cover, but I can't afford away games at the moment) but felt proud of the fact that despite the final score-line, we didn't look dreadful against a top 10 PL team and the bouncing and the songs were great... The FA Cup, who gives a f*ck!

3. Who is your player of the season? - Solly has been tremendous, but Yann has been the more influential.

4. What is the goal of the season? Dale's vs Bury at home... screamer.

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Preston

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Sheffield United

3. Who is your player of the season? Yann Kermorgant

4. What is the goal of the season? Stephens v Bury

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Yann's goal at Brammell Lane, season changing
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? - So Far Huddersfield, but I know Hartlepool is going to be brilliant

2. What was your favourite away game this season? - Of the games I was at, Sheffield United, but I wish I'd been at Oldham. Winning with 9 men, fantastic

3. Who is your player of the season? - He's only 5 foot 3!

4. What is the goal of the season? - Waggy v Bournemouth, set the standard for the season

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? - BDL - "CHAMPIONS"
  • Options
    1. Huddersfield

2. Sheffield United - knew from then on we were going up

3.Solly

4. Wagstaff v Bournemouth

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? - BDL - "CHAMPIONS" or the last few minutes v Yeovil when we won and Wednesday lost. From being two points clear the gap was 8 and we had clear water ahead.
  • Options
    Home - Huddersfield
    Away - Carlisle
    Player - Solly
    Goal - Hmmm so many to choose from. Maybe the Waggy/Stevens goal against Bournemouth
    Highlight - Still to come - silverware
  • Options
    1. Huddersfield

2. Fulham (does that count?) Fantastic bouncing and 7,000 fans singing throughout. Amazeballs

3. Kermorgant - Solly brill but Kermo to me has just been immense - and what a turnaround for him

4. Morro v Stevenage

5. Watching a Charlton team that care & BDL - Champions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Huddersfield that was the point when I knew 100% we were good enough

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Carlisle because that was the one that did it for us but Sheff Wed away as well has to be close

3. Who is your player of the season? Solly just over Kermogant but in an ideal world I would make them joint player of the year

4. What is the goal of the season? JJ against Sheff Utd unstopable

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Just going to The Valley and watching a motivated team playing with pride and decent football it's been emotional
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Sheffield Utd.

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Yeovil - was looking like it was going to be a long journey home and then Danny Green broke his duck!

3. Who is your player of the season? Solly (Head says JJ or Kermo but I'll go with the heart)

4. What is the goal of the season? Waggy against Bournemouth.

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Bradley Pritchard banging the drum after the Carlisle game.
  • Options
    huddersfield. ending their stupid run of draws

sheff utd/ carlise. equal on these 2 because the first was when i started to believe and the second it actually happened. both great moments.

solly. somany others to be debated but whoever gets it will deserve it.

jackson v sheff utd. not only a superb free kick but a winner in a huge game. slightly better than a sheff wed one imo.
  • Options
    promotion against the odds at carlise. sorry about the double post.
  • Options
    1. Huddersfield for ending their unbeaten run as we got so fed up with fls talking about them all the time plus Sheff Utd. As I knew were 100% good enough then to go up
    2. I haven't been to an away game for a while.
    3. Solly but a hard one. I would like to have him share it with Super Yann. Yann made the difference between top 2 and top 6. Solly has been consistent all season and has only missed 2 games. One unluckily to tactical reasons and the other through illness. One of our own and his full season after a career wrecked with injuries.
    4. For me Dale Stephens v Bury. We were going nowhere and up he pops with a Gerardesque goal. That memory will live on. The Bury players were down on the kness as though they had lost a cup final in the last seconds. For us it was the opposite. Our unbeaten run was at stake.
    5. All of it. Watching sky scores come in on at least 2 occasions and the last one i saw was whn we were playing Bournemouth away. All the scores suddenly went for us and then we popped up and scored 2. Our lead was going to be cut scored and to go in the opp direction and actually increase it dramatically in a sec was unbeliable Jeff. I was yelling and jumping up with joy with a combination of laughter as I felt "this is taking the piss" when we scored as we wern't playing well at Bournemouth and of course Champion Saturday at home to Wycombe and the last 20 mins to be crowned as Champions
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season?
    i reckon this Saturday will become top in this question but for now sheffield united. the relief of beating our main rivals and to do it in the same way that we did against the massive.

2. What was your favourite away game this season?
    only been to five but going to Sheffield for the first time in my life. to visit a historic ground and to beat Wednesday tops the list.

3. Who is your player of the season?
    so many to choose from. solly and morrison have both been immense but for me its kermorgant. that man will become a legend.

4. What is the goal of the season?
    Stephens v bury. just unbelievable.

5. What is your overall highlight of the season?

when chris powell was walking away from us at Sheffield wed when we were singing his name. the skip in his step. knowing how much he appreciated it. he must of felt like god for those few seconds. reminds me of his last match for us when there was a break in the play and the whole valley burst into chrissy powell chrissy powell chrissy powell. then when i saw his tearful reaction to us going up at Carlisle. the man might just be god. well.. a Charlton god.
  • Options
    Bournemouth - realised that Powell knew what he was doing and we had a chance

Bournemouth again - Started to believe we were destined to stay top

Solly

Has to be Dale vs Bury. Freezing my n**ts off wondering why I'd bothered when that screamer went in and it kept me warm all the way back to Waterloo

SS coming through with the Carlisle/Sheff results and watching CatJnr run round the house screaming (he even went to bed wearing his scarf that night....)
  • Options
    Probably Stevenage - it came at any important time plus there was the memory of the loss over there. We also play well and won comfortably.

Sheffield Wednesday - we outclassed the second-placed team.

Close thing between Morrison and Kermorgant. Probably, Morrison for a whisker.

Stephens v Bury

Too many but probably seeing the players celebrate after winning 1-0 at Sheff W
  • Options
    1 Stevenage. Full house at The Valley was magnificent and football the Charlton way
    2 Oldham. Anxieties finally lifted and the feel of the mutual love between fans players and coaching team all in a typical league 1 ground. This was the game that meant the title would be ours. If you were there you'll know.
    3 you have to be under 5 ft 4 to qualify this season
    4 I also liked Waggys at Notts Co. An early sign of our capabilities
    5 realising, at Rochdale, that we were 100 times better than previous season and had got our spirit back and could well win this league. And that was before I had even heard of Yann Kermorgant
  • Options
    1. Has to be Preston, great performance
    2. Carlisle, for obvious reasons. Best away day I've had for a long time.
    3. Can't look past Yann. Haven't loved a player so much since Kinsella.
    4. Hollands vs Preston. Great play by wiggins and quality finish.
    5. Simply the feeling that we've got a team to be proud of again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We still obviously have one game left in the season. However, thought I might as well start this discussion now.

1. What was your favourite home game this season? Bournmouth, we looked incredible and the team gelled so well.

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Carlisle.

3. Who is your player of the season? Rhoys Wiggins

4. What is the goal of the season? Stephens against Bury at home..

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Pitch invasion at Carlisle.
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Huddersfield!

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Fulham, a great day out!

3. Who is your player of the season? Chris Solly, no doubt about it!

4. What is the goal of the season? Jacksons free kick against Wednesday!

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Beating Huddersfield was the big one definitely!
  • Options
    1. Huddersfield
    2. Bournemouth. Haven't been to many away games this season though.
    3. Solly
    4. Jacko v Sheff Utd
    5. Hard choice. I'd like to say the wins against Massive and Carlisle but I wasn't there for either. I think Bradley Pritchard hugging the lone pitch invader and jumping for joy symbolises the bond between the players and the fans this season.
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Huddersfield is when a really believed

2. What was your favourite away game this season? Bournemouth for the whole package/weekend and result.

3. Who is your player of the season? Solly

4. What is the goal of the season? Waggy v Bournemouth

5. What is your overall highlight of the season? I think the two back to back Sheffield wins. To get 6 points from those was truly massive.
  • Options
    Since I cant get to enough live games I cant really vote, but this thread makes fantastic reading.

Most of my season has been spent having heart failure over radio commentaries. Scoff if you like, but the first one was the Millwall friendly, and when I heard them giving it a right go, and then giving the ref dogs abuse at the end, I thought, hello, this is a different team. Watching Huddersfield on Sky in a big Prague pub with the Czech Addick, and loads of puzzled Slavia fans, was the moment I started to believe. Yeovil away was real back to roots footie fun. But beating the Sheffield clubs back to back, and the way we did it...that was beyond all my expectations and I realised then that we are going to do something special. I voted for Yann, but could have given it to at least four others.

I am so bloody proud of my team, my club, and my tribe.
  • Options
    1. Huddersfield. Stopping their 14327 game unbeaten record & proving to me & everyone on Sky we could do it.
    2. Carlisle will never be forgotten so is not only my favourite away day of the season but possibly of all time. But I actually remember feeling like we had a chance after Sheff Utd early in the season.
    3. Yann. I laughed when I saw the Dave Henson song on YouTube & was horrified when we signed him, but he is now God in my eyes.
    4. Stephens at home to Bury will take some beating for technique, but for what it meant I think JJ's free kick at home v. Sheff Utd for me.
    5. Having just stormed forward after BWP's goal up at Carlisle & started a bundle with the players who came to celebrate with us, I had just got back to my seat when JJ was taking a corner & turned to ask the Sheff Wed score. SCP crying afterwards proved they all cared.
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Huddersfield
    2. What was your favourite away game this season? Carlisle
    3. Who is your player of the season? Kermorgant
    4. What is the goal of the season? Dale Stephens vs Bury
    5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Promotion at Carlisle
  • Options
    1. Wycombe (I know everyone thinks support was poor however I enjoyed the party atmosphere and WINNING THE LEAGUE)
    2. Yeovil (Again great atmosphere on boxing day)
    3. Chris Solly (he's better than John Terry)
    4. Dany N'Guessan against Yeovil
    5. Finally leaving League 1 as Champions :)
  • Options
    1. What was your favourite home game this season? Huddersfield - everyone hsd thought they were unbeatable until then
    2. What was your favourite away game this season? Sheff Wed - a MASSIVE 3 points
    3. Who is your player of the season? Solly - class in a half pint pot !!
    4. What is the goal of the season? Dale Stephens vs Bury
    5. What is your overall highlight of the season? Promotion

• Options
    1. Bournemouth
    2. Sheff wednesday
    3. Yann Kermo
    4. stephens vs bury at home. Saved a vital point at the time was incredible! super dale!
    5. Chris Powell tunnel jump via wycombe at home