Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grant Basey v Notts Co

Always quite liked Basey, and obviously had sympathy for him for the Bristol Rovers mauling. But yesterday, watching him 'defend' the Notts Co winner, I was far from impressed (watch it on the FL show).

He appeared frustrated by some of his teammates' efforts for the 1st 3 conceded, but as they reach the 90th, WW are still alive, just. Then a mix-up puts the Notts guy in a shooting position. If ever you need somone to throw themselves in front of the shot, this is it -- a goal condemns you to relegation. But not only does Basey back off, he actually turns his back on the shot as it whistles past him.

A reminder of how we've moved on....

Comments

• Options

A reminder of how we've moved on....

obviously not, going by this thread :)
  • Options
    Took the pen well. I don't have a problem with him - shame he wasn't quite good enough for our plans.
  • Options
    or to play against Millwall.
  • Options
    League 1 is his level for now. Did well at Posh last season and showed good potential here but we have moved on.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up.
  • Options
    Kind of player that didn't seem to do much wrong, but weaknesses are clearer when a better player takes his place - Wiggins is one of our biggest attacking threats and his pace compliments Jackson.
  • Options
    stick him in room 101(points) with the rest of the crap that has played/managed too many games as we became the joke football team in south london

and i'm sure he's a lovely bloke like the rest of them
  • Options
    stick him in room 101(points) with the rest of the crap that has played/managed too many games as we became the joke football team in south london

and i'm sure he's a lovely bloke like the rest of them
    I wouldn't even go as far as saying they were lovely blokes.................