Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away fans

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
I am wondering on everyone's views on where to stick them if we moved them from their current south stand location, I have thought about it and could seem them placed in the East Stand parts A,B, not sure how many that would hold? Would be roughly the same price per ticket so the club wouldn't lose out on too much money, there is also disabled facilities in those parts not sure on segragtion problems between fans in that part of the stand as never sat in that stand before. I know man u are going to stick away fans on the top tier of the sir alex stand because most away fans out sing theirs so maybe it could be ideal for us to move away fans t boost the atmosphere next year?

Comments

• North upper would be my choice.
  • Pardew didn't get much right - but he was right about us giving away fans to decent a spot. They should put them in the East stand at the Southern end blocks, and use the Jimmy Seed for cheaper home tickets. This would give us decent support behind both goals.
  • edited April 2012
    I refer you to the answer @airmanbrown has given 27 times before.
  • I refer you to the answer @airmanbrown has given 27 time before.
    What's that?
  • Definitely in favour of getting home fans in the Jimmy Seed stand full time.
  • I refer you to the answer @airmanbrown has given 27 times before.
    What's that?
    It can't be done.

The powers that be won't allow it.
  • Easy problem to solve.

Get promoted to the prem, reinstate target 40k, expand the stadium, and the Jimmy Seed issue will be moot.

;-)
  • I refer you to the answer @airmanbrown has given 27 times before.
    What's that?
    It can't be done.

The powers that be won't allow it.
    What a easy answer back, it can't be done! Why not try it with low threat games and then see if it doesn't work it doesn't at least we know then. united gave it a go with Aston villa, I think it would boost atmosphere at the Valley
  • Upper west is the obvious place.
  • even lower west, on the side where the away dugout is.
    Thats were we will be next year at Leeds, at a cost of £35.
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy problem to solve.

Get promoted to the prem, reinstate target 40k, expand the stadium, and the Jimmy Seed issue will be moot.

;-)
    Yeah it would be best to expand then move them. It will give us a big advantage IMO.
  • It's just not going to happen. If it didn't happen when the manager was calling for it, it won't when he ain't.
  • This has been done to death on here.

We all agree that it would be great to move away fans from the South.

The club has looked at it and is not possible due to problems with segregation/Police etc.

Write to the club with your suggestions or pm @airmanbrown if you want to put your views forward.

It ain't going to happen, unless, perhaps the 40,000 stadium brings a re-think.
  • I don't understand the problem, I have sat in the JS a couple of times with an Everton mate, trust me - we can be heard loud and clear
  • Never going to happen with the ground as it is unfortunately. The ground is one of the easiest to police in the country because it has a seperate away stand with an entrance on a side road not used by home fans. At the moment the police only need to keep an eye on the small area between the chip shop on Floyd Road, the clubs up the hill, the station and the Antigalican, they're not going to agree to anything that changes this.
  • Probably easier to install some sound absorbing material in the roof of the stand to reduce echoing out the rest of the ground. Or possibly issue all away fans with mandatory gags to shut them up (although I suspect this will reduce sales of beer/food in the ground which.may deter the club.
  • Well it could be done at a cost. There could be a way of housing away fans at the south end of the west stand and use the same area to enter the ground as they do now, or there could be more filling in or building in the SW corner, and more money spent on stewards and police etc. Would the costs balance against the gain in atmosphere if we took over the Jimmy Seed?
  • "I've got flowers, in the spring, I've got you, to wear my ring .............."

Debate about away numbers anyone? Or Valley Gold? Or he strengths and weaknesses in Carl Leaburn's game - or Kish's?
  • After the Gills had their row with Kent police over the cost of policing a game, I think that we would all rather we stuck with the cheaper "current" option. Which I don't believe the club will consider changing until a full wrap around 40k stadium is finished.

Besides, when we had to give up a two blocks in the east, for FA cup games when we were a prem team, the segregation was a nightmare. At least that is what a steward friend of mine said at the time.
  • If it cost more to achieve that £50 I would rather it be spent on the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am wondering on everyone's views on where to stick them if we moved them from their current south stand location, I have thought about it and could seem them placed in the East Stand parts A,B, not sure how many that would hold? Would be roughly the same price per ticket so the club wouldn't lose out on too much money, there is also disabled facilities in those parts not sure on segragtion problems between fans in that part of the stand as never sat in that stand before. I know man u are going to stick away fans on the top tier of the sir alex stand because most away fans out sing theirs so maybe it could be ideal for us to move away fans t boost the atmosphere next year?
    The acoustics are much better in the south stand but I imagine that the police would not allow relocating elsewhere as the south stand is much easier for coach parking and segregation.
    Unfortunate but I do not think much can change
  • Why do we always talk about away fans?

If we supported rather than booed our own when they need it this simply wouldn't be an issue.
  • Needs to be done.

I would move jimmy seed
  • When have we booed?

I must've missed that.
  • When have we booed?

I must've missed that.
    A bit against Colchester and Notts County but the point I'm really making is why don't we just concentrate on supporting the team ourselves rather than bleating about bloody away fans all the time?
  • If we had 1000s of fans all desperate to get in the 'singing section' then this debate might be worthwhile. If for some bizarre reason this Jimmy Seed thing happened all we would be doing is dividing the small number of noisy fans we have in half.

I've ben going a long while, I'm middle-aged, I don't sing, I sit in N Upper because I like being near people who do. When the N Upper does sing I can't hear away fans. When they don't, I can.
  • Also it seems to been missed that we have current season ticket holders in the East Stand who don't want to be moved. All this will do is alienate fans that currently pay much more than those that would sit in the South Stand. Also the North lower is almost always empty so where are the 3,000 fans that want to sit in the South stand going to come from?
  • Take the roof of the Jimmy and make the NL a singing section.