Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More than football

Just been to a game at Preston that to be honest that I had no interest in , someone famous once said that football was more important than life. Bill shankey . I'm not too sure about that.

My father in law passed away on Wednesday evening due to lung cancer. Didn't want to go today, both my wife and mother in law said I should go, and both said that my father in law would say the same thing.

I must be getting soft in my old age, as I broke down a couple of times on the way up.
RIP Paul, I know you were not Charlton, (spurs) because you cousin was the late John white ( double winning team) I let you off on that one.

I'll miss you, you have been more than a dad to me in the years I've known you.

Comments

• Options

Ah mate, feel for you. Same happened to me just over almost two months ago.

Condolences to you and the rest of your family.

• Options
    All the best Guinnessaddick
  • Options
    I've lost my father-in-law & father in the last 5 years. Difficult times. All I can say is, most of us have to deal with this at some time in our lives & perhaps you can draw some strength, from the fact that we've all gone or will go through this & come out the other side.

Time heals. You rarely forget, but the pain subsides after the funeral & gradually eases.

All the best.
  • Options
    There are so many more things important in life than a random bunch of blokes kicking a ball of air around a field.

All the best mate.
    And Rip Paul
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss. RIP Paul?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The one good thing is that we spent Feb in Auz at the brother in law' s weddings. All together as a family.
  • Options
    Know how hard today was for you mate. Hope you know that your being there is always appreciated and today more so than ever.

Paul was always a lovely guy. In the times I was there always happy, smiling and ready to help all of us, even getting to Deptford to get me and P during the huge storms back in the 80s after we walked from the City. Nothing was too much trouble for him.

Love to you and all the family. Will be there for whenever and whatever you all want.

Rest in Peace Paul.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Telmc32, I count you as family, P always talks about the storm of 87. Paul was a nice guy, and they say that life is not fair, I can confirm that is the case.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss mate.
  • Options
    Condolences Guinnessaddick. I'm sure you have great memories. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guinness sorry to hear of your loss , to echo covered end I lost my father in law 4 years ago, my dad 3 months ago and my mum goes into hospital over the bank holiday to have an op to remove suspected cancer in her stomach.

I've found this season to be a welcome distraction from what's going on in life, and the passing of family makes you love the family you've got even more, at the moment it is very raw, a friend say to me that it is like the ringing of a bell , the ringing never goes away , but with time the ringing gets quieter, I feel for you mate.